[Tab 3 7.0"] Can you use the default Android recovery to flash packages?

OP Crayman122

9th June 2014, 12:19 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
Ok. So heres my problem... i have had a Kindle fire for 2 1/2 years and it finally broke a few weeks ago. I decided to get a real Android tablet so i decided on the Galaxy Tab because all of my friends love their Galaxy devices.
The first problem i ran into was that i could not change the default app install location.
I found many ways to fix it without root and tried all of them.
Long story short none of them worked.

I am now attempting to root my Galaxy in order to use a sure-fire way that i know will work.
I do not want to install twrp/cwrm because i am afraid of bricking my device as i did with my kindle fire.
(this was fixed by my friend with a fastboot cable)

I have discovered the Android recovery menu and there seems to be a button that says
"Apply update from external storage". when i click the button, it says choose package to flash.
i need to know if this only accepts firmware roms or if it will accept custom flashable packages.

please help,
Cayman122
Last edited by Crayman122; 9th June 2014 at 12:23 AM.
9th June 2014, 02:51 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Lynchburg, VA
Thanks Meter: 3,583

2,278 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crayman122

Ok. So heres my problem... i have had a Kindle fire for 2 1/2 years and it finally broke a few weeks ago. I decided to get a real Android tablet so i decided on the Galaxy Tab because all of my friends love their Galaxy devices.
The first problem i ran into was that i could not change the default app install location.

I am now attempting to root my Galaxy in order to use a sure-fire way that i know will work.
I do not want to install twrp/cwrm because i am afraid of bricking my device as i did with my kindle fire.

I have discovered the Android recovery menu and there seems to be a button that says
"Apply update from external storage". when i click the button, it says choose package to flash.
i need to know if this only accepts firmware roms or if it will accept custom flashable packages.

please help,
Cayman122

Stock recovery will only flash packages signed by Samsung.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
9th June 2014, 03:00 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8nole

Stock recovery will only flash packages signed by Samsung.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Thank you for clearing this up. I saw the button on my friends galaxy when we had to reset it and was wondering what it was for.
10th June 2014, 09:39 AM   |  #4  
Flag Leipzig
Thanks Meter: 10

24 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crayman122

please help,
Cayman122

Nope only Samsung Signeds
flash a Custom recovery as Example : TWRP or PhilzTouch
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Galaxy Tab 3 General by ThreadRank