Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,279 Members 53,134 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Found a tough case at a great price

Tip us?

Big Cam
Old
Thanks Meter 125
I'm sure it's a great case if your going to throw it down a mountain, but in my opinion it's way too bulky.
Droid1 >> LG Revolution >> Galaxy Nexus>>Note 3

atown77
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Default Bulk

If bulk is an issue, then I would suggest an Iphone, I think they still small enough to fit in a matchbox. But all jokes aside, it still easily fits in my back pocket and as I stated before, I need my phone protected from the elements. I never said this case would suit everyone but if you wanted a case that was built for hard core protection, I recommend this one. I have now had it for two months and I hope I can always get one to fit future phones.

xperiaforme
Old
Thanks Meter 7
How heavy is this? Do you have issues with sound? Have you waterproof tesed the case and how did it do?

enfurno
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Same here,

If a case makes my devices useless, well then it's useless. I can see the draw to a waterproof solution as I hit the lake often during the summer months and don't do much out there other than check things on the screen from time to time. But for that there are cheaper solutions, none of which I trust completely anyhow.

Lets hope that they up the IP rating on the note 4.

SladeZero
Old
Thanks Meter 24

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by xperiaforme View Post
How heavy is this? Do you have issues with sound? Have you waterproof tesed the case and how did it do?
LoL this in is not the waterproof version. Its the water resistant version. Love Mei adds some water proofing in there. There is a difference this one, Lunatak's and Love Mei's. I think they all have the same base manufacture. My Dad has the Lunatak's case for the iphone, his signal doesnt take a hit, also it makes the phone feel like a brick. AND I really mean a brick.
~I'm not a flash-a-holic... I will never admit it.~

My Phones:
~Samsung Note 3: Stock 4.4.2 Made it Ra1n!
~Sony Xperia TL: Orange Stock 4.0.4 (Resurrected from Hard Brick, inactive)
~Samsung Captivate: AOKP ICS Milestone (retired again, third time)
~LG Shine: ~in Heaven~

My Phones:
~Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 (7"): Stock 4.2.2 Rooted & Debloated

troyd28
Old
Thanks Meter 51
You guys want real waterproof head over to the red pepper note 3 thread.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

YRAJ23
Old
Thanks Meter 22
I had purchased a similar metal case for my Note 3 from Love Mei. It looks cool but I dont like it.

1. I made my phone to look big, almost the size of Tab 7.0.
2. Its non ergonomic for long time use, you'll not be comfortable holding it while text messaging.
3. Not to forget that it adds weight extreme weight to your phone. Trust me, you can't answer calls for more than 20 minutes due to its weight.
4. Since its a water proof version, the sound ports and receiver speakers are covered with thin membrane of some material (sort of rubber or plastic). Thats make the sound to be scatered and unclear
5. The glass protector will have the rainbow effect on screen when it touches the phone screen.

These points are based from my experience. I sold my case to another guy.

Currently Im with Trident Kraken AMS, and I love it to the max. It saved my phone without single scratches falling from the height arnd 6 feet.