Search This thread

muddychief

Apr 23, 2011
In using outlook. Com for e-mail but I would like more than just a notification in the gear. What do you guys use? I am not saying much luck with the stock e-mail app.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

highlordkram

Nov 21, 2006
Las Vegas
In using outlook. Com for e-mail but I would like more than just a notification in the gear. What do you guys use? I am not saying much luck with the stock e-mail app.

Are you on a Corporate Exchange Server for your Outlook? The email on watch for Gear 1 was broken, again, from the last update. I recommend Cloudmagic, as it brings the email text to my Gear again. Give it a shot.

BigDanInTX

May 19, 2009
League City, TX

I just switched from K9 (only thing useful on my last watch) to the stock email app on my Galaxy S3 (running 4.2). I can now read the entire contents of emails once I open the notification and can refer to them in the email app. BEST FUNCTIONALITY *EVER*!! It's really useful to just pull up the email without pulling out the phone (or even having the phone on me). My boss is tech resistant, but even he thought it was really cool.

peter7

Aug 31, 2005
I just switched from K9 (only thing useful on my last watch) to the stock email app on my Galaxy S3 (running 4.2). I can now read the entire contents of emails once I open the notification and can refer to them in the email app. BEST FUNCTIONALITY *EVER*!! It's really useful to just pull up the email without pulling out the phone (or even having the phone on me). My boss is tech resistant, but even he thought it was really cool.

I`m usig also the stock email function but I do not see any email vi this app - please help me !

BigDanInTX

May 19, 2009
League City, TX
I`m usig also the stock email function but I do not see any email vi this app - please help me !

There are a few things that could be amiss. Are you using one of the supported phones? Do you have the notifications for email turned on in the Gear Manager?

I've heard that "starting over" will sometimes work. Unpair the watch from the phone. Factory reset the watch. Uninstall Gear Manager. Reinstall Gear Manager. Pair the watch to the phone. Re-enable notifications. ymmv.

Good luck.

Reactions: peter7

peter7

Aug 31, 2005
I changed the custom rom and now it is working great

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

There are a few things that could be amiss. Are you using one of the supported phones? Do you have the notifications for email turned on in the Gear Manager?

I've heard that "starting over" will sometimes work. Unpair the watch from the phone. Factory reset the watch. Uninstall Gear Manager. Reinstall Gear Manager. Pair the watch to the phone. Re-enable notifications. ymmv.

Good luck.