Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Updating to 4.4.3 with a custom recovery

OP 3RAN7ON

7th June 2014, 10:43 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 6

62 posts
More
Hi, I have a xt1032, UL and rooted, stock rom and kernel, Xposed with TWRP. The ota just hit my phone this afternoon and I have been trying in vain for hours to update it because I need the bug fixes badly. I am trying to find the OTA.zip file....either that or the stock recovery.img file. Thank you in advance!
7th June 2014, 12:19 PM   |  #2  
OP Member
Flag Phoenix

62 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3RAN7ON

Hi, I have a xt1032, UL and rooted, stock rom and kernel, Xposed with TWRP. The ota just hit my phone this afternoon and I have been trying in vain for hours to update it because I need the bug fixes badly. I am trying to find the OTA.zip file....either that or the stock recovery.img file. Thank you in advance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost101

Here is the stock 4.4.2 recovery.img for US Retail XT1032.

[Download]

Flash using fastboot:

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Thanks again, lost101
7th June 2014, 12:20 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 4

30 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3RAN7ON

There u go;
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5#post50029015
i dont know is there a stock recovery img in the pack of last version but i think there is just read all install drivers then flash stock rec. and then update ota,if you deleted some system apps you will get error then u should flash system chunks only to fix it after that do ota till get 4.4.3 flash costum recovery root and that's it
Last edited by Corel_vkl; 7th June 2014 at 12:23 PM. Reason: link post
The Following User Says Thank You to Corel_vkl For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th June 2014, 09:48 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Flag Phoenix

62 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corel_vkl

There u go;
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5#post50029015
i dont know is there a stock recovery img in the pack of last version but i think there is just read all install drivers then flash stock rec. and then update ota,if you deleted some system apps you will get error then u should flash system chunks only to fix it after that do ota till get 4.4.3 flash costum recovery root and that's it

I flashed the stock recovery and also uninstalled xposed framework..still got an error message and update failed. I didn't delete any system apps but has some frozen thru TB. now defrosted and trying again. I'm on the T-mobile network (I thought it was cdma but I guess it's GSM) should my kernel be the174.44.1.falcon_umts.AWSRetail.en.us? because I noticed it no longer has the 'AWS' part..if anyone could offer some insight on that
7th June 2014, 09:58 PM   |  #5  

30 posts
So you didnt sucsess to install ota ? Why dont you flash stock rom maybe you have some errors in system and then update.My version is like u wrote (it was before update) xt1034 quote me if u done with flashing and get ota search on forum stock rom images im on phone cant find link right now .

Sent from my XT1034 using Tapatalk
10th June 2014, 12:17 AM   |  #6  
OP Member
Flag Phoenix

62 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corel_vkl

So you didnt sucsess to install ota ? Why dont you flash stock rom maybe you have some errors in system and then update.My version is like u wrote (it was before update) xt1034 quote me if u done with flashing and get ota search on forum stock rom images im on phone cant find link right now .

No, no success for me yet- there are links up now in other posts for the xt1034 my friend. I think at one point I flashed the wrong firmware by mistake, cuz I definitely have a xt1032 and the version should show 174.44.1.falcon_umts.Retail.en.US but this pic has the AWS version for the xt1034 that is not right for the xt1032
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-21-18-52-33.png
Views:	64
Size:	142.1 KB
ID:	2789819  
10th June 2014, 11:04 AM   |  #7  

30 posts
Dude you dont know wich version u have remove back cover and see on battery then install US retail rom im post link in last reply.pm if something goes wrong im not at home right now .

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread