Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,664 Members 42,908 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Internal storage space won't clear. Always says full.

Tip us?

superfamiking
Old
(Last edited by superfamiking; 8th June 2014 at 06:28 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Internal storage space won't clear. Always says full.

As the topic says no matter what i do (i have moved all my photos and videos and music to the sd card) my internal storage always says full. (using 4.1gb of the 4.9 available.)

Even using windows to explore the internal memory i can only find a couple of 100mb of data etc on the internal storage, but windows also shows it as full............ could there be hidden files somewhere?

Under storage in the settings it says i am using 2.19gb for pictures and video, but i have transferred them all to the sd!!!!!

Driving me mad, any suggestions. I am using the stock kit kat update that came out a recently

thanks

humanzqzr
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfamiking View Post
As the topic says no matter what i do (i have moved all my photos and videos and music to the sd card) my internal storage always says full. (using 4.1gb of the 4.9 available.)

Even using windows to explore the internal memory i can only find a couple of 100mb of data etc on the internal storage, but windows also shows it as full............ could there be hidden files somewhere?

Under storage in the settings it says i am using 2.19gb for pictures and video, but i have transferred them all to the sd!!!!!

Driving me mad, any suggestions. I am using the stock kit kat update that came out a recently

thanks
reflash your phone

Mario.D
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Look for big files named thumbdata.
I had three of them, they tooked aproxmently 1,5 gb on my phone.

Skickat från min C5503 via Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Mario.D For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sijav
Old
Thanks Meter 901

DONATE TO ME
do as @Mario.D says
and then REBOOT your phone!
History phone: Nokia 6680 (S60V2) (my first phone) -> Nokia 1210 :| (bad days) -> Nokia N95 (S60V3) (gave it away) -> Nokia 5530 (S60V5) (got stoled ) -> Nokia X6 (S60V5) (Wrecked) -> Xperia Sola (SOLD) -> Xperia P (Gave to my sister)
Current: Xperia ZR MIUI Stock Based 4.2.2 with LB bootloader

All about Xda!