Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,783,010 Members 44,185 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

s-view flip cover

Tip us?

Delphinus3
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Question s-view flip cover

I just bought the polar pen.. its an awesome pen that built from strong magnets, and its also a stylus. but on my s4 i9500, the strong magnet triggers s-view cover like effect when im pointing the upper left corner of the screen. so if I want to draw and reaching that point, the screen shaping to s-view mode (black screen with clock at the top).

I know I can disable the auto unlock in the settings. but is there a way to completly disable the s-view support??? its extremly annoying

The Illest 619
Old
Thanks Meter 541

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus3 View Post
I just bought the polar pen.. its an awesome pen that built from strong magnets, and its also a stylus. but on my s4 i9500, the strong magnet triggers s-view cover like effect when im pointing the upper left corner of the screen. so if I want to draw and reaching that point, the screen shaping to s-view mode (black screen with clock at the top).

I know I can disable the auto unlock in the settings. but is there a way to completly disable the s-view support??? its extremly annoying
If your phone is rooted, you can browse to your system folder and delete the sviewcoverservice.apk (or something along those lines). Or use TiBu to find the process and disable/freeze it.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Device: Samsung Galaxy s4 | Rom:HyperDrive RLS13 | Kernel: KT-SGS4

Device: Samsung Galaxy s4 | Rom:Wicked v7.0

Delphinus3
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Illest 619 View Post
If your phone is rooted, you can browse to your system folder and delete the sviewcoverservice.apk (or something along those lines). Or use TiBu to find the process and disable/freeze it.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
you mean titanium backup? can i use root uninstaller? cuz i already have it.
and if so, how do i navigate and find this process? and if i delete/freeze it, will it effect other things in the system? make it unstable?

Delphinus3
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus3 View Post
you mean titanium backup? can i use root uninstaller? cuz i already have it.
and if so, how do i navigate and find this process? and if i delete/freeze it, will it effect other things in the system? make it unstable?
update: i disabled the process, and its only turn the screen black, without the clock. i uninstalled it and same thing - black screen.
its still feeling the magnet and "lock" the screen