Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Cant mount SDcard in CWM recovery

OP sazzam10

31st May 2014, 12:01 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hi! i have a motorola defy MB525 , and its running Eclair 2.1, so i wanted to flash CM11 , i did everything successfully until the part where you have to flash your ROM ! good thing im cautious and always check the zip. install before wiping any data, and i got the following message when trying to install zip. from sdcard :
E:can't mount /sdcard
because i haven't wiped my data yet, the phone is now working 100%, but i want kitkat not eclair,so can anyone help ??
my clockworkmod version is 2.5.1.8
NOTE: i googled this and found out that sometimes CWM can only read FAT32 file system , but my sdcard is already formatted to FAT32 file system, and if it makes any difference i did format it again to the same file system FAT32 , but i still get the same error!
I REALLY WANT CM11 BECAUSE MY CURRENT ROM IS VERY BAD AND OUTDATED! SO PLEASE HELP!!
Thx
10th June 2014, 10:24 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Did anybody found the answer yet?
Im still stuck at the same problem....any help??
10th June 2014, 12:28 PM   |  #3  
Flag Hoshangabad
Thanks Meter: 27

69 posts
More
Thumbs up Try Flashing The CWM Recovery Again.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazzam10

Hi! i have a motorola defy MB525 , and its running Eclair 2.1, so i wanted to flash CM11 , i did everything successfully until the part where you have to flash your ROM ! good thing im cautious and always check the zip. install before wiping any data, and i got the following message when trying to install zip. from sdcard :
E:can't mount /sdcard
because i haven't wiped my data yet, the phone is now working 100%, but i want kitkat not eclair,so can anyone help ??
my clockworkmod version is 2.5.1.8
NOTE: i googled this and found out that sometimes CWM can only read FAT32 file system , but my sdcard is already formatted to FAT32 file system, and if it makes any difference i did format it again to the same file system FAT32 , but i still get the same error!
I REALLY WANT CM11 BECAUSE MY CURRENT ROM IS VERY BAD AND OUTDATED! SO PLEASE HELP!!
Thx

i think Your CWM REcovery got corrupted.........
try reflashing the recovery and Try Again.....

say Thanks If this helped You
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread