Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,336 Members 36,471 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Screen going in sleeping mode in certain positions

Tip us?

nesx87
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdo View Post
There are several threads on this issue. If you put pressure on the edge of the screen with the Samsung cover folded back, the note can go into sleep mode. I almost returned my note pro because it kept going to sleep while using LectureNotes. I changed covers and haven't had an issue since.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
Same situation here.. im not gonna switch cases though so I need to consider what to do

acadoid
Old
Thanks Meter 669
I received a couple of reports of device going to sleep while using LectureNotes. It turned out that the problem occurs due to S-pen usage (this is why you observe it with LectureNotes) if Samsung's AirView is enabled; the problem did not occur anymore after disabling this service.
The Following User Says Thank You to acadoid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nesx87
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by acadoid View Post
I received a couple of reports of device going to sleep while using LectureNotes. It turned out that the problem occurs due to S-pen usage (this is why you observe it with LectureNotes) if Samsung's AirView is enabled; the problem did not occur anymore after disabling this service.
oh i see. therefore, what would be a sustainable solution, could be to disable when taking notes in LN.

otherwise i thought it had something to do with the fact that i actually use a second s pen while the first one is docked