Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,909 Members 47,615 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] I Factory Reset my Rooted Huawei Y220

Tip us?

Jom Apa
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] I Factory Reset my Rooted Huawei Y220

Hello again in need of assistance asap.

I have a somehow minor problem with my phone. I decided to factory reset my rooted huawei y220 because

-All of a sudden I can't access websites like:
>facebook.com
>yahoo.com
>gmail.com

I also can't access their mobile sites. I can't access the said websites from any browser from my phone at the time(Stock browser & Dolphin Browser). There is no problem with my internet connection since I am able to access these websites from my laptop and other handheld devices.

FORTUNATELY, I stumbled upon a browser named UC MINI. I can somehow access these websites but only if I am using its feature call "Speed Mode". If I switch that off I can't access the said websites.

I also factory reset my phone because a person from XDA told me that unfortunately, there is no compatible Custom ROM with my phone.
I don't know why didn't I just Unroot my phone with Kingo Root(The program I used to root my phone). And I also wanted to start from a clean slate and since I deleted the bloatware using titanium backup.

After rebooting from the factory reset I noticed SuperSU was left behind and it said that "There is no SU binary installed, and SuperSU cannot install it This is a problem!" Why is that? I did my research that if you factory reset your phone with a custom rom it will cause problems(?) Well fortunately I wasn't using a Custom Rom and I checked my phone with root check to check it whether it is rooted, it isn't rooted anymore after the factory reset.

My doubts are:

>What is causing my phone from accessing these websites(And probably more)
>Is it a virus?
>Did I touch something with the system that made it faulty?
>I was kind of playing around with ROM Installer with the bootloader thing because I thought it would change the boot animation of my phone to something else.
>Is it okay if I root my phone again and see whether the SuperSU issue is fixed and the browsing thing fixed.

My Huawei Y220-U10 is working a smooth as new right now. Actually a bit faster than when I got it fresh because I uninstalled some bloatware when it was still rooted. My real concern is the connectivity issue and the SuperSU issue.

Hope to hear from you guys asap,

Jom

Pony Express
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2361
Hi,
I found this guide about factory reset for your phone, hope it is helpful.
As for the apps you are having trouble with, suggest deleting, doing a fresh install, and rebooting.
Not likely a virus.
Yes, if you root again you should regain superuser access... please note that superuser works on some devices and super su works on others.
As a reminder, we are happy to help when we can, as best we can- we are not here for troubleshooting issues.
Good luck !!

Optimus G (LG E970) Everything Thread

Frequently Asked Questions -Optimus G

To the world you are someone. To someone you are the world.
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe