Originally Posted by parthmakawana
i m new to android system. , i have micromax canvas fun a63 with android 4.2.2.
i found an option of "USB Internet" in Settings->Wireless & Networks->More..
it says "Sharing Windows PC internet via USB cable"
i want to know more about this feature. i am not sure if this is similar to reverse tethering.. please tell me more about this and how it works.
works on android 4.2.2 (dont know about 4.2.2+ devices)
I HAVE XOLO A600 AND IT WORKED PERFECTLY FOR ME
I HAVE FOLLOWED FOLLOWING STEPS
1. Settings->Wireless & Networks->More..
2. Usb internet.
3. select PC system version.
4.tab on NEXT.
5. tab on DONE.
6. Now in pc open "NETWORK AND SHARING CENTER.
7. right click on connection you want to share. for example "ethernet" on my computer.
8. click PROPERTIES.
9. click on SHARING tab.
10. click on "Allow other network users to connect through this computer's internet connection".
11. now choose newly added network which represents USB internet in "HOME NETWORKING CONNECTION" and click ok.
12. now you should be able to access internet on your android device.
IF NOT THEN YOUR FIREWALL SHOULD BE BLOCKING THE NETWORK SHARING.
TRY TO ALLOW NETWORK SHARING IN FIREWALL OR JUST TURN OFF YOUR FIREWALL.