Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,670 Members 44,175 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Hope for xperia play 2

Tip us?

zaku2s
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default Hope for xperia play 2

Just read this from yahoo news. Sony is pulling the plug on PSP because it is loosing to smartphones.
Hopefully they will make Xperia Play2
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/sony-s...074000665.html
The Following User Says Thank You to zaku2s For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Xplay21
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaku2s View Post
Just read this from yahoo news. Sony is pulling the plug on PSP because it is loosing to smartphones.
This is interesting. Since Sony are stopping making portable gaming consoles due to the loss of sales (because of smartphones apparently) maybe sony can make a smartphone that is both good to use as a phone and as a gaming device, the xperia play 2!

Though wasn't the main reason sony ditched the play because of how it conflicted with their psp sales? So we can only hope i guess

olokos
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,192

DONATE TO ME
That's just the end of life of the PSP. It's been for a long time on the market. I haven't expected it to be still produced to be honest. Either way - I'm not really sure about the Xperia Play 2. I'd love to see that, but not if they'd treat it like our old xperia play, which is still a great device for me.
My work on xda and things I'm proud of:

If you want me to reply then please quote my post or mention me by writing @olokos. This way you can be sure I'll reply.
Away on 2 weeks holidays where I barely get to use the internet there. Will be back past 02.09.2014

Visa Declined
Old
Thanks Meter 331
I'm buying an iPhone 5S this week from Swappa. I've never wanted an iPhone, but I have 2 iPad's and a lot of iOS games purchased. This is going to be awesome.

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-cont...c=pgm.81594800

Asking for Thank You's in your signature is retarded.
The Following User Says Thank You to Visa Declined For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

HUEguy
Old
Thanks Meter 9
If the PS Vita were selling well, I think it would be possible. But an Xplay 2 now will be definitely sentence the vita to death, that's why I think sony will stay with the idea of a new Xplay on the closet for some more time.

xdarkmario
Old
Thanks Meter 298
you see sony is so backwards! They didnt want to make the xperia play 2 in the first place because they were worried about the xperia play 2 interfering with psp and vita sales and now there killing the psp because its killing there xperia sales maybe? make up your minds or more importantly make the xperia play 2! People want a multi device these days not just games, people want to call on the same device that they play hardcore games on.
CREATOR OF THE XDark ICS ROM

Miles Wolf
Old
Thanks Meter 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaku2s View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdarkmario View Post
you see sony is so backwards! They didnt want to make the xperia play 2 in the first place because they were worried about the xperia play 2 interfering with psp and vita sales and now there killing the psp because its killing there xperia sales maybe? make up your minds or more importantly make the xperia play 2!
I don't know if you haven't read the article or if you just don't know the difference between a PSP and a PSVita. If Sony is stopping selling PSP is because it's a console presented ten years ago! It has nothing to do with the smartphones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdarkmario View Post
People want a multi device these days not just games, people want to call on the same device that they play hardcore games on.
That's not true. Just look at the crazy numbers of sales that Nintendo is having with their handheld.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visa Declined View Post
I'm buying an iPhone 5S this week from Swappa. I've never wanted an iPhone, but I have 2 iPad's and a lot of iOS games purchased. This is going to be awesome.

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-cont...c=pgm.81594800

I understand the purchase if you say that you have a lot of titles bought for iOS, but this controller is simply horrible. Too little, no analogs... How the hell can this be for hardcore gaming?