Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,670 Members 44,175 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Hope for xperia play 2

Tip us?
 
zaku2s
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 84
Join Date: Dec 2011
Default Hope for xperia play 2

Just read this from yahoo news. Sony is pulling the plug on PSP because it is loosing to smartphones.
Hopefully they will make Xperia Play2
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/sony-s...074000665.html
The Following User Says Thank You to zaku2s For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Xplay21
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 80
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaku2s View Post
Just read this from yahoo news. Sony is pulling the plug on PSP because it is loosing to smartphones.
Hopefully they will make Xperia Play2
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/sony-s...074000665.html
This is interesting. Since Sony are stopping making portable gaming consoles due to the loss of sales (because of smartphones apparently) maybe sony can make a smartphone that is both good to use as a phone and as a gaming device, the xperia play 2!

Though wasn't the main reason sony ditched the play because of how it conflicted with their psp sales? So we can only hope i guess
 
olokos
Old
#3  
olokos's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,192
Posts: 2,130
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Warsaw

 
DONATE TO ME
That's just the end of life of the PSP. It's been for a long time on the market. I haven't expected it to be still produced to be honest. Either way - I'm not really sure about the Xperia Play 2. I'd love to see that, but not if they'd treat it like our old xperia play, which is still a great device for me.
My work on xda and things I'm proud of:

If you want me to reply then please quote my post or mention me by writing @olokos. This way you can be sure I'll reply.
Away on 2 weeks holidays where I barely get to use the internet there. Will be back past 02.09.2014
 
Visa Declined
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 331
Posts: 563
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Oklahoma City
I'm buying an iPhone 5S this week from Swappa. I've never wanted an iPhone, but I have 2 iPad's and a lot of iOS games purchased. This is going to be awesome.

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-cont...c=pgm.81594800

Asking for Thank You's in your signature is retarded.
The Following User Says Thank You to Visa Declined For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
HUEguy
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 25
Join Date: Jan 2014
If the PS Vita were selling well, I think it would be possible. But an Xplay 2 now will be definitely sentence the vita to death, that's why I think sony will stay with the idea of a new Xplay on the closet for some more time.
 
xdarkmario
Old
#6  
xdarkmario's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 298
Posts: 994
Join Date: Mar 2011
you see sony is so backwards! They didnt want to make the xperia play 2 in the first place because they were worried about the xperia play 2 interfering with psp and vita sales and now there killing the psp because its killing there xperia sales maybe? make up your minds or more importantly make the xperia play 2! People want a multi device these days not just games, people want to call on the same device that they play hardcore games on.
CREATOR OF THE XDark ICS ROM
 
Miles Wolf
Old
#7  
Miles Wolf's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 117
Posts: 315
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaku2s View Post
Just read this from yahoo news. Sony is pulling the plug on PSP because it is loosing to smartphones.
Hopefully they will make Xperia Play2
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/sony-s...074000665.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdarkmario View Post
you see sony is so backwards! They didnt want to make the xperia play 2 in the first place because they were worried about the xperia play 2 interfering with psp and vita sales and now there killing the psp because its killing there xperia sales maybe? make up your minds or more importantly make the xperia play 2!
I don't know if you haven't read the article or if you just don't know the difference between a PSP and a PSVita. If Sony is stopping selling PSP is because it's a console presented ten years ago! It has nothing to do with the smartphones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdarkmario View Post
People want a multi device these days not just games, people want to call on the same device that they play hardcore games on.
That's not true. Just look at the crazy numbers of sales that Nintendo is having with their handheld.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visa Declined View Post
I'm buying an iPhone 5S this week from Swappa. I've never wanted an iPhone, but I have 2 iPad's and a lot of iOS games purchased. This is going to be awesome.

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-cont...c=pgm.81594800

I understand the purchase if you say that you have a lot of titles bought for iOS, but this controller is simply horrible. Too little, no analogs... How the hell can this be for hardcore gaming?

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Make Text Entry More Efficient with Macro Text Expansion

One of the best things about the modern day smartphone is its ability to save us … more

Fix KitKat WiFi Drops on Your Own

Despite introducing many useful features and overall great performance and enhancements,Android 4.4 KitKat … more

Bring Back Tablet UI on KitKat

Google presented their brand new UI for tablets alongsidethe release of Android 3.0 Honeycomb back in early … more

Give Your Notification Shade a Facelift with these Modding Guides

Modification has always been one of the strong suits of Android, due in … more