Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] set bluetooth internet sharing to on by default? other touchwiz questions too.

OP tooandrew

3rd June 2014, 12:46 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag washington, DC
Thanks Meter: 31

157 posts
More
So I had been running carbon Rom 4.4.2 for a while and I just decided to update to touchwiz kitkat because I just got a gear and a note 8. When running aosp roms I had no issues with Bluetooth tethering, once I set it to on, it just stayed on. Now I updated to the kitkat boot loader and flashed wicked x 6.5, and it's worth mentioning the hotspot wasn't working out of the box, so I had to flash the fix he linked to in the thread. Once I check Bluetooth tethering, it stays on until I reboot. Usually that wouldn't be a big thing but I find myself rebooting a lot. I switch xposed modules, swap batteries etc, and I find it really irritating how it keeps resetting, because I like it when things just work. I have too many gadgets to be messing with the settings in all of them every time I want to go online. It's there any fix I can flash or like init.d or build prop tweaks I can make to get Bluetooth tethering to be on by default?

Also, what xposed modules would you guys recommend for remapping hardware button functions, and is there any way to add a fully customizable quick settings slide similar to the one in cm11?

Last but not least, my understanding is that once I've updated to the kitkat boot loader, there is no going back to roms that weren't made for that modem, even if they're kitkat roms (aosp/aospa or touchwiz or aokp etc). Is that correct?

Please and thank you
Last edited by tooandrew; 3rd June 2014 at 01:05 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to tooandrew For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th June 2014, 04:26 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag washington, DC

157 posts
More
So... should I assume that this means there is no way to do this, and no one has any suggestions for re-mapping hardware ways, or anything? I've waited at least a day, usually I hate to do this but unfortunately, Ive gotten no replies
The Following User Says Thank You to tooandrew For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th June 2014, 05:34 AM   |  #3  
Flag Columbus, OH
Thanks Meter: 1,770

3,398 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooandrew

Also, what xposed modules would you guys recommend for remapping hardware button functions, and is there any way to add a fully customizable quick settings slide similar to the one in cm11?

Last but not least, my understanding is that once I've updated to the kitkat boot loader, there is no going back to roms that weren't made for that modem, even if they're kitkat roms (aosp/aospa or touchwiz or aokp etc). Is that correct?

Please and thank you

I have no experience with Bluetooth tethering, sorry I can't help you there.

For remapping hardware buttons, I don't know either. Wanam Xposed will help with the notification toggles, besides the mods that have been posted. Look out for Wicked v7 tomorrow or you can flash the separate mods necessary to get the same thing.

I hope that's what your talking about. I haven't tried CM since v10 or 10.1.

You can still flash any old ROM that you could before. Note that I have read about at least some people having some troubles using old ROMs with the new modem, but again, I haven't tried so I can't tell you first hand.

You just can't ever Odin anything older than ND8 again, and never flash any old modem either - it'll hard brick your phone. I'm guessing you might've read that but I just wanted to make sure you know.

I love Wicked X and just ND8 in general.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Wicked X v6.5, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

This might answer some other questions you might think of.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2743554

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Wicked X v6.5, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to roirraW "edor" ehT For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th June 2014, 01:48 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag washington, DC

157 posts
More
i ended up going with 'xbutton' for mapping hardware buttons, tasker and auto bluetooth tether for the auto tethering (only when something that may be tethered is connected), according to the thread i was linked to, aosp roms will not brick you, and there are zips to add more toggles in the wicked X thread. thanks everyone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread