Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,198 Members 41,560 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] how to disable the "logo" hardware button? sense 6

Tip us?

Nikguy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Exclamation [Q] how to disable the "logo" hardware button? sense 6

First off, I am using the "nusense six" Rom (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2693502) and have the HTC one m7.

I have never used the stock sense six firmware but I have noticed that on this Rom, if you tap on the screen just above the HTC logo, it acts as if you pressed a hardware menu button (the menu for the app you are on pops up).

This feature is interesting, but the problem is that when I type and push the spacebar ever so slightly too low on the screen, the keyboard closes and the menu pops up. This has finally become annoying enough for me to make this post and I hope someone can help me disable this feature. Thanks!

Also if anyone knows of a relitively stock sense six Rom without this thing, please let me know.

brholt6
Old
Thanks Meter 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikguy View Post
First off, I am using the "nusense six" Rom (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2693502) and have the HTC one m7.

I have never used the stock sense six firmware but I have noticed that on this Rom, if you tap on the screen just above the HTC logo, it acts as if you pressed a hardware menu button (the menu for the app you are on pops up).

This feature is interesting, but the problem is that when I type and push the spacebar ever so slightly too low on the screen, the keyboard closes and the menu pops up. This has finally become annoying enough for me to make this post and I hope someone can help me disable this feature. Thanks!

Also if anyone knows of a relitively stock sense six Rom without this thing, please let me know.
It's just a kernel setting. You should be able to disable it using Trickster Mod.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
Verizon HTC One - S-off'd
iPhone 4 - Retired (thankfully)
Motorola Droid - Retired
The Following User Says Thank You to brholt6 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Nikguy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by brholt6 View Post
It's just a kernel setting. You should be able to disable it using Trickster Mod.

Thanks it worked like a charm

mordango
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikguy View Post
Thanks it worked like a charm
I have browsed Trickster and can find no way to change this button layout. When I installed NuSense, I chose the option for logo button to be "home" plus "recent apps" out of curiosity. Now I want it back to stock. Where in Trickster mod can one change this?

brholt6
Old
Thanks Meter 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordango View Post
I have browsed Trickster and can find no way to change this button layout. When I installed NuSense, I chose the option for logo button to be "home" plus "recent apps" out of curiosity. Now I want it back to stock. Where in Trickster mod can one change this?
That's not in trickster. Just reflash the Rom without wiping and select the stock option.

Verizon HTC One - S-off'd
iPhone 4 - Retired (thankfully)
Motorola Droid - Retired
The Following User Says Thank You to brholt6 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mordango
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by brholt6 View Post
That's not in trickster. Just reflash the Rom without wiping and select the stock option.

Thanks for the reply.
Tags
annoying, htc one, logo, menu