Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

[Q] how to disable the "logo" hardware button? sense 6

2nd June 2014, 10:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

59 posts
More
First off, I am using the "nusense six" Rom (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2693502) and have the HTC one m7.

I have never used the stock sense six firmware but I have noticed that on this Rom, if you tap on the screen just above the HTC logo, it acts as if you pressed a hardware menu button (the menu for the app you are on pops up).

This feature is interesting, but the problem is that when I type and push the spacebar ever so slightly too low on the screen, the keyboard closes and the menu pops up. This has finally become annoying enough for me to make this post and I hope someone can help me disable this feature. Thanks!

Also if anyone knows of a relitively stock sense six Rom without this thing, please let me know.
2nd June 2014, 10:28 PM   |  #2  
Flag Olathe
Thanks Meter: 183

653 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikguy

First off, I am using the "nusense six" Rom (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2693502) and have the HTC one m7.

I have never used the stock sense six firmware but I have noticed that on this Rom, if you tap on the screen just above the HTC logo, it acts as if you pressed a hardware menu button (the menu for the app you are on pops up).

This feature is interesting, but the problem is that when I type and push the spacebar ever so slightly too low on the screen, the keyboard closes and the menu pops up. This has finally become annoying enough for me to make this post and I hope someone can help me disable this feature. Thanks!

Also if anyone knows of a relitively stock sense six Rom without this thing, please let me know.

It's just a kernel setting. You should be able to disable it using Trickster Mod.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to brholt6 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd June 2014, 10:35 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

59 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brholt6

It's just a kernel setting. You should be able to disable it using Trickster Mod.

Thanks it worked like a charm
10th June 2014, 12:28 PM   |  #4  
Mobtown
Thanks Meter: 4

52 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikguy

Thanks it worked like a charm

I have browsed Trickster and can find no way to change this button layout. When I installed NuSense, I chose the option for logo button to be "home" plus "recent apps" out of curiosity. Now I want it back to stock. Where in Trickster mod can one change this?
10th June 2014, 12:45 PM   |  #5  
Flag Olathe
Thanks Meter: 183

653 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordango

I have browsed Trickster and can find no way to change this button layout. When I installed NuSense, I chose the option for logo button to be "home" plus "recent apps" out of curiosity. Now I want it back to stock. Where in Trickster mod can one change this?

That's not in trickster. Just reflash the Rom without wiping and select the stock option.

The Following User Says Thank You to brholt6 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th June 2014, 01:47 PM   |  #6  
Mobtown
Thanks Meter: 4

52 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brholt6

That's not in trickster. Just reflash the Rom without wiping and select the stock option.

Thanks for the reply.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
annoying, htc one, logo, menu
Previous Thread Next Thread