A Social Experiment
I am in the planning stages of creating a social experiment. I am trying to see if it is feasible to develop an app for android to accompany participants using the parameters below. Nothing is set in stone. More could be added as options become available. If you care to know more, just ask. If you can help, that would be a plus.
Android app parameters:
- Google Maps Api for proximity alerts to allow a participants to know when a clue is near and for an on-screen visual aid.
- Ability to communicate with other app holders whether through text or speech
- Integration with G+ - to publicly post what they have found
- Ability to track other players real time (ability to disable public player tracking.)
- Ability to create a profile to be shared via NFC
- Minimize the need for a server to cache information
- Minimize graphics
- Utilize NFC to collect necessary information at physical locations.
- The ability to edit data on a bracelet with an NFC chip embedded within.
- The ability to track actions and locations(only when at game designated public locations)
- Not sure if I want to embed information in the app or retrieve it on a server. (Information will change on a regular basis.)