Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,733 Members 53,815 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Call Recording Button?

Tip us?

stevew84
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 189
Default Call Recording Button?

I have the TMO variant but I don't think that matters, I've tried various ROM's and I've noticed on some that there is a "call record" button while in a call, directly in the dailer screen. Is this supposed to be part of every ROM or is this something else? The ROM i'm using is for TMO but this feature is not there.

Any help would be appreciated as I am trying to find the BEST way to record both ends of a voice call for an interview I will be conducting.

Goldie
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 15891

DONATE TO ME
Stock recording is the best way and it needs enabling to show up. Its a basic feature in most custom roms but as far as I know not in unmodded unless its enabled on some US devices

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
If you think its worth it......you could buy me a beer

babygau
Old
Thanks Meter 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew84 View Post
I have the TMO variant but I don't think that matters, I've tried various ROM's and I've noticed on some that there is a "call record" button while in a call, directly in the dailer screen. Is this supposed to be part of every ROM or is this something else? The ROM i'm using is for TMO but this feature is not there.

Any help would be appreciated as I am trying to find the BEST way to record both ends of a voice call for an interview I will be conducting.
call recording does not work out of box

you must have a compatible custome kernel to get it worked.
Please click THANKS button on the left instead of just saying if you find my post useful for you ,

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk Pro

Device: Galaxy S5 G900I
ROM: XtreStoLite ROM by @edgarf28
Kernel: KT Kernel by @ktoonsez with modified ktoonsifized v2 profile

stevew84
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 189
Echoe ROM with Faux kernel has the call recording, the button is there while making a call and I highly doubt the kernel is responsible for that.