No registration required

Call Recording Button?

OP stevew84

9th June 2014, 09:15 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 236

2,705 posts
More
I have the TMO variant but I don't think that matters, I've tried various ROM's and I've noticed on some that there is a "call record" button while in a call, directly in the dailer screen. Is this supposed to be part of every ROM or is this something else? The ROM i'm using is for TMO but this feature is not there.

Any help would be appreciated as I am trying to find the BEST way to record both ends of a voice call for an interview I will be conducting.
9th June 2014, 11:44 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 18,405

8,521 posts
Donate to Me
More
Stock recording is the best way and it needs enabling to show up. Its a basic feature in most custom roms but as far as I know not in unmodded unless its enabled on some US devices

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
10th June 2014, 08:12 AM   |  #3  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 209

526 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew84

I have the TMO variant but I don't think that matters, I've tried various ROM's and I've noticed on some that there is a "call record" button while in a call, directly in the dailer screen. Is this supposed to be part of every ROM or is this something else? The ROM i'm using is for TMO but this feature is not there.

Any help would be appreciated as I am trying to find the BEST way to record both ends of a voice call for an interview I will be conducting.

call recording does not work out of box

you must have a compatible custome kernel to get it worked.
10th June 2014, 03:14 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 236

2,705 posts
More
Echoe ROM with Faux kernel has the call recording, the button is there while making a call and I highly doubt the kernel is responsible for that.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread