Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,254 Members 36,308 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] LG G Pad 8.3 Google Play Edition rom

Tip us?

LuckyStrike33
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Question [Q] LG G Pad 8.3 Google Play Edition rom

Hey guys! Is the rom from LG G Pad GPE ported to the stock LG G Pad, the pure Google stock rom, without any modifications? If so, where can I find it? Thank you very much in advance!

cam30era
Old
Thanks Meter 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyStrike33 View Post
Hey guys! Is the rom from LG G Pad GPE ported to the stock LG G Pad, the pure Google stock rom, without any modifications? If so, where can I find it? Thank you very much in advance!
There was some early efforts to try to get it to work, but no dice. Hardware is different. Closest you'll get on the stock G Pad is CM11.
The Following User Says Thank You to cam30era For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LuckyStrike33
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam30era View Post
There was some early efforts to try to get it to work, but no dice. Hardware is different. Closest you'll get on the stock G Pad is CM11.
But I thought the hardware is identical. Only the software is different. At least that's what I've heard in reviews.
The Following User Says Thank You to LuckyStrike33 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cam30era
Old
Thanks Meter 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyStrike33 View Post
But I thought the hardware is identical. Only the software is different. At least that's what I've heard in reviews.
Read the last couple of pages of these two threads:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2571762

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2564149

Note that search is your friend.
The Following User Says Thank You to cam30era For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]