Default [Q] Return to stock

Hello everyone, I'm kinda stuck in a bind. I got a warranty replacement phone from HTC that turned up not to be goot (screen is yellow). They sent me a different one but it took a while. In the mean time I unlocked the bootloader and rooted the device and now I'm trying to return it to stock and get rid of the "relocked" and "tampered" flags but I'm having trouble doing so. I was able to do this with my original phone before I sent it by following these instructions http://www.htc1guru.com/guides/return-stock-guide/, but for some reason I'm no longer able to do that. I basically used revone to reset the flags, and flashed the latest RUU available and boom, I was back to stock. The only thing I can think of that's different with this device is that it's running hboot 1.56, and my old one wasn't.
I can't even flash an RUU right now, I keep getting "too many links" or "unable to read android_info" errors.
I'm currently htcdev unlocked, rooted, but have been unable to obtain S-OFF, I've tried rumrunner and firewater but neither will work. Rumrunner runs 8 times, and it fails, and firewater does nothing after following the directions, I get no disclaimers or anything. I know if I get S-OFF this might be easier, but I've just been unable to do so. Please help.
Please let me know what more info you need and I'll post it. Thanks in advance.

SOLVED: Never mind everyone, I solved it. I was able to get S-OFF using firewater by using ./firewater, instead of /data/local/tmp/firewater to run the script in the last step of their instructions. Thanks anyways.