Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,011 Members 38,778 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] trouble flashing i605vruemj9

Tip us?

Timb0king
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] trouble flashing i605vruemj9

I'm currently running a Verizon galaxy note 2 with jedi X20. I am rooted and have twrp 2.7 installed. Im currently trying to flash I605VRUEMJ9 So I can start installing 4.3 TW roms. however when I flash MJ9 in odin. everything runs fine until odin causes it to restart and it just puts me into recovery. every time so im guessing it never has a chance to finish. It still shows im running 4.1.2. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

mattnmag
Old
(Last edited by mattnmag; 8th June 2014 at 04:03 AM.)
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timb0king View Post
I'm currently running a Verizon galaxy note 2 with jedi X20. I am rooted and have twrp 2.7 installed. Im currently trying to flash I605VRUEMJ9 So I can start installing 4.3 TW roms. however when I flash MJ9 in odin. everything runs fine until odin causes it to restart and it just puts me into recovery. every time so im guessing it never has a chance to finish. It still shows im running 4.1.2. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

If you're not flashing the pit file with it, try that to see if it will work.

Edit: ... You probably know this, but don't flash the entire 4.3 stock MJ9 ROM or you'll permanently lock your bootloader. Just Odin flash the MJ9 firmware only.

If it keeps failing, you might consider ODIN'ing back to 4.1.2 stock VRAMC3, then running Casual again, then updating your recovery. That would at least give you a clean slate to start with... You might also try a different version of one of the latest recoveries. Hope you got it working.

Good luck!
Current Device:
-Verizon Samsung Note II
-Android Version 4.1.2 / VRAMC3
-TWRP Recovery 2.6.3.1

Past Devices:
Verizon Samsung S3
Verizon Droid Charge
Asus TF201

Timb0king
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattnmag View Post
If you're not flashing the pit file with it, try that to see if it will work.

Edit: ... You probably know this, but don't flash the entire 4.3 stock MJ9 ROM or you'll permanently lock your bootloader. Just Odin flash the MJ9 firmware only.

If it keeps failing, you might consider ODIN'ing back to 4.1.2 stock VRAMC3, then running Casual again, then updating your recovery. That would at least give you a clean slate to start with... You might also try a different version of one of the latest recoveries. Hope you got it working.

Good luck!
Just as an FYI I got it figured out. Turns put it was flashing mj9 and worked but i still had a 4.1.2 rom installed. all I did was use twrp to install meanbeans reborn and now my phone is running 4.3 mj9. Thanks for the help.