Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,401 Members 38,537 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is there a way to unlock the bootloader while rooted without wiping?

Tip us?
 
Nuwanda612
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 20
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Montevideo, Uruguay
Default [Q] Is there a way to unlock the bootloader while rooted without wiping?

I know it's possible on Nexus devices using an app like this one.

Is it possible on the HTC One X?

The reason I want this is to prevent others from accessing my information if my phone is stolen (the screen lock is useless if the attacker knows how to enter recovery mode and extract the information directly).

Thank you!!
 
aromerblz
Old
#2  
aromerblz's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 78
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Belize

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuwanda612 View Post
I know it's possible on Nexus devices using an app like this one.

Is it possible on the HTC One X?

The reason I want this is to prevent others from accessing my information if my phone is stolen (the screen lock is useless if the attacker knows how to enter recovery mode and extract the information directly).

Thank you!!
As far as am concerned, i don't think the bootloader can be looked with a password. the phone can be wiped while in bootloader mode
If I ever helped you, press the THANKS button.. its always free and feels wonderful..
 
Nuwanda612
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 20
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Montevideo, Uruguay
Quote:
Originally Posted by aromerblz View Post
As far as am concerned, i don't think the bootloader can be looked with a password. the phone can be wiped while in bootloader mode
I didn't mean locking the bootloader with a password. I meant locking it in the same that it's locked when you buy the phone.
What I need is a way to unlock the bootloader without wiping. On Nexus devices it's possible by using the app I linked (though you need root for it to work). I was wondering if there was an app like that one for HTC phones, or an adb command, or anything that would allow me to to unlock the bootloader without wiping. I know it's not possible without root, but maybe there is a way on a rooted phone.
 
aromerblz
Old
#4  
aromerblz's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 78
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Belize

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuwanda612 View Post
I didn't mean locking the bootloader with a password. I meant locking it in the same that it's locked when you buy the phone.
What I need is a way to unlock the bootloader without wiping. On Nexus devices it's possible by using the app I linked (though you need root for it to work). I was wondering if there was an app like that one for HTC phones, or an adb command, or anything that would allow me to to unlock the bootloader without wiping. I know it's not possible without root, but maybe there is a way on a rooted phone.
The only way HTC allows to unlock is via HTCdev.com and that will wipe the phone.
If I ever helped you, press the THANKS button.. its always free and feels wonderful..
Tags
bootloader, lock, unlock
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes