[Q] Is there a way to unlock the bootloader while rooted without wiping?

OP Nuwanda612

9th June 2014, 10:28 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Montevideo, Uruguay
Thanks Meter: 0

20 posts
I know it's possible on Nexus devices using an app like this one.

Is it possible on the HTC One X?

The reason I want this is to prevent others from accessing my information if my phone is stolen (the screen lock is useless if the attacker knows how to enter recovery mode and extract the information directly).

Thank you!!
10th June 2014, 01:25 AM   |  #2  
Flag my backyard
Thanks Meter: 13

109 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuwanda612

I know it's possible on Nexus devices using an app like this one.

Is it possible on the HTC One X?

The reason I want this is to prevent others from accessing my information if my phone is stolen (the screen lock is useless if the attacker knows how to enter recovery mode and extract the information directly).

Thank you!!

As far as am concerned, i don't think the bootloader can be looked with a password. the phone can be wiped while in bootloader mode
10th June 2014, 03:43 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Montevideo, Uruguay
Thanks Meter: 0

20 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aromerblz

As far as am concerned, i don't think the bootloader can be looked with a password. the phone can be wiped while in bootloader mode

I didn't mean locking the bootloader with a password. I meant locking it in the same that it's locked when you buy the phone.
What I need is a way to unlock the bootloader without wiping. On Nexus devices it's possible by using the app I linked (though you need root for it to work). I was wondering if there was an app like that one for HTC phones, or an adb command, or anything that would allow me to to unlock the bootloader without wiping. I know it's not possible without root, but maybe there is a way on a rooted phone.
10th June 2014, 02:56 PM   |  #4  
Flag my backyard
Thanks Meter: 13

109 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuwanda612

I didn't mean locking the bootloader with a password. I meant locking it in the same that it's locked when you buy the phone.
What I need is a way to unlock the bootloader without wiping. On Nexus devices it's possible by using the app I linked (though you need root for it to work). I was wondering if there was an app like that one for HTC phones, or an adb command, or anything that would allow me to to unlock the bootloader without wiping. I know it's not possible without root, but maybe there is a way on a rooted phone.

The only way HTC allows to unlock is via HTCdev.com and that will wipe the phone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bootloader, lock, unlock
Previous Thread Next Thread