Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,995 Members 47,226 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] After 4.4.3 Update GPS is super slow - Moto G MotoG

Tip us?

eckre
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default [Q] After 4.4.3 Update GPS is super slow - Moto G MotoG

So I updated to 4.4.3 on Friday the 6th, I use my Moto G's GPS all the time with My Tracks or Google Maps, and now after the update, it will not lock on to a GPS signal outside, even after 10 minutes. When I run My Tracks, it will almost lock up to a black screen after I turn on the GPS or start recording a track. It took 15 minutes for it to start recording this morning, outside. When I did turn it on outisde, it showed me about 2 miles away. Data and wifi was on and fully connected. I jiust want to post this here to see if anyone else is having GPS issues after the new 4.4.3 update.

Feel free to post details how to downgrade.
The Following User Says Thank You to eckre For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jikobutsu
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Did you factory reset after update ? I would advise you do that as it can cause some bugs, backup apps with titanium backup.

eckre
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jikobutsu View Post
Did you factory reset after update ? I would advise you do that as it can cause some bugs, backup apps with titanium backup.
You are 100% right! That cleared it right up.

And the restore process is also a lot better than I remember, I didn't have to do anything, it was great. Even my background pic came back.

thanks!
Tags
gps issues, moto g, motog, slow gps