Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,479 Members 49,129 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Restored to stock using RUU, experiencing issues

Tip us?

kgbkny
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 63
Default Restored to stock using RUU, experiencing issues

After unsuccessfully attempting to convert my AT&T-branded HTC M8 to the Developer Edition (using the nandroid method), I ended up restoring to stock using the official RUU. I'm experiencing two mildly annoying issues that I hope someone can help me out with. The first one is not being able to change the CID back to AT&T's (CWS-001). I tried it a few times and fastboot returns the "invalid cid" error each time. I was, however, able to change the CID to SuperCID (11111111) without any problems.

The second issue is that I am still unable to boot into stock recovery and get the red triangle with an exclamation mark when I try to do so. I am running the latest firmware version (1.58.502.1), but was unable to find the recovery for that version, so I flashed 1.12.XXX.X. I have a feeling that this may be what's causing the problem.

I'd like to restore completely to stock. Can someone point me in the right direction?
Phones:
HTC One M8 - current
Nexus 5
Samsung Galaxy S4 Google Edition
Samsung Galaxy S III SGH-I747
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
HTC Sensation
MyTouch 4G
Samsung Lemon [Vibrant]
HTC G1

Tablets:
Nexus 10 (16 GB)

redpoint73
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2796
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgbkny View Post
The first one is not being able to change the CID back to AT&T's (CWS-001). I tried it a few times and fastboot returns the "invalid cid" error each time. I was, however, able to change the CID to SuperCID (11111111) without any problems.
Error is probably since that CID is not correct. Its CWS__001 (with 2 underscores, not a dash/hyphen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgbkny View Post
The second issue is that I am still unable to boot into stock recovery and get the red triangle with an exclamation mark when I try to do so.
Red triangle with exclamation mark is stock recovery. I think you then press vol up to bring up the recovery options menu.
Please click the "Thanks" button if you found a post helpful!

Phone: AT&T HTC One (M8)

Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 (WiFi only)
The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint73 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kgbkny
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 63
You, my friend, are a lifesaver! I didn't realize that it was a double underscore. The recovery worked like a charm. Thanks!
Phones:
HTC One M8 - current
Nexus 5
Samsung Galaxy S4 Google Edition
Samsung Galaxy S III SGH-I747
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
HTC Sensation
MyTouch 4G
Samsung Lemon [Vibrant]
HTC G1

Tablets:
Nexus 10 (16 GB)