Restored to stock using RUU, experiencing issues

OP kgbkny

10th June 2014, 03:30 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 63

595 posts
More
After unsuccessfully attempting to convert my AT&T-branded HTC M8 to the Developer Edition (using the nandroid method), I ended up restoring to stock using the official RUU. I'm experiencing two mildly annoying issues that I hope someone can help me out with. The first one is not being able to change the CID back to AT&T's (CWS-001). I tried it a few times and fastboot returns the "invalid cid" error each time. I was, however, able to change the CID to SuperCID (11111111) without any problems.

The second issue is that I am still unable to boot into stock recovery and get the red triangle with an exclamation mark when I try to do so. I am running the latest firmware version (1.58.502.1), but was unable to find the recovery for that version, so I flashed 1.12.XXX.X. I have a feeling that this may be what's causing the problem.

I'd like to restore completely to stock. Can someone point me in the right direction?
10th June 2014, 04:26 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,372

7,763 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgbkny

The first one is not being able to change the CID back to AT&T's (CWS-001). I tried it a few times and fastboot returns the "invalid cid" error each time. I was, however, able to change the CID to SuperCID (11111111) without any problems.

Error is probably since that CID is not correct. Its CWS__001 (with 2 underscores, not a dash/hyphen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgbkny

The second issue is that I am still unable to boot into stock recovery and get the red triangle with an exclamation mark when I try to do so.

Red triangle with exclamation mark is stock recovery. I think you then press vol up to bring up the recovery options menu.
The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint73 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th June 2014, 04:42 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 63

595 posts
More
You, my friend, are a lifesaver! I didn't realize that it was a double underscore. The recovery worked like a charm. Thanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread