Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,457 Members 51,697 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

JB Bootloader Question

Tip us?

mrjaydee82
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 8332

DONATE TO ME
Default JB Bootloader Question

Hello all....I'm fixing my dad's tablet tf201 and I'm looking for the JB Bootloader so i may update it and put on a JB ROM...anyone know where I can update the firmware/bootloader? The tab is on IC BL..and unlocked...thank you...been searching around

Restorer
Old
Thanks Meter 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjaydee82 View Post
Hello all....I'm fixing my dad's tablet tf201 and I'm looking for the JB Bootloader so i may update it and put on a JB ROM...anyone know where I can update the firmware/bootloader? The tab is on IC BL..and unlocked...thank you...been searching around
Very important you don't mix bootloader/recoveries ICS/JB. That will likely brick your prime!

Assuming you are on stock ICS, safest way is to go straight to the Asus website and update full ROM to latest official JB firmware (10.4.2.18).

If you don't already have NVFlash backups, make these now (Best Guide) and then install latest TWRP recovery for JB and you will be good to go for custom ROM of your choice.

WARNING: Steer clear of CWM recovery as the TF201 version was never updated and if you install the one from their site on to a JB bootloader it will also for sure brick your device. (You are OK with the version of CWM left behind by Flatline as this has been customised for JB by the AndroidRoot team - but it is based on an old non-touch version so best to change to latest TWRP straight away).
Phone: Nexus 4 Stock Android 4.4.4
Tablet: Asus TF201 on the Dream Combo: HairyBean 2.31 and Hunds F2FS Kernel
The Following User Says Thank You to Restorer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]