Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,048 Members 46,412 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

any way to multiboot on m8?

Tip us?

pokedroid
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Default any way to multiboot on m8?

I'd love a convenient way to flip back and forth between sense and GPE but I can't get twrp to make quick backups anymore they all take forever. I tried to find philz recovery and couldn't, but i didn't try very hard. At any rate, I've looked into boot manager pro as i've seen a lot of reviews about it but the app hasn't been updated since 2012 and emails get a fail to send response so I think the dev has abandoned development, however i can't believe such a service isn't in very high demand. Does anyone know of a reliable service i can use to get this functionality without restoring nandroids?

an0ther
Old
Thanks Meter 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokedroid View Post
I'd love a convenient way to flip back and forth between sense and GPE but I can't get twrp to make quick backups anymore they all take forever. I tried to find philz recovery and couldn't, but i didn't try very hard. At any rate, I've looked into boot manager pro as i've seen a lot of reviews about it but the app hasn't been updated since 2012 and emails get a fail to send response so I think the dev has abandoned development, however i can't believe such a service isn't in very high demand. Does anyone know of a reliable service i can use to get this functionality without restoring nandroids?
backup and restore should take 5 min total. Make sure you have compression turned off and if using philz, turn off md5 to speed things up, but as of now, i don't know anyway to dual boot

joeliomason
Old
Thanks Meter 2
There is a tool for the nexus 5 called multirom, but until they start developing for other phones, I don't think we will see something like that :/

pokedroid
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Thanks for your responses. I did notice compression is turned on I'm not sure how that happened and even though compression would help save space, I do have a 64 sd so I don't think compression will be needed. I'd just prefer to have a GPE Rom with xposed, and a gpe with ART, and sense roms under the same circumstances. Although I've noticed no performance increases with sense 6 Rom on ART, just battery drain

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

GinoAMelone
Old
Thanks Meter 52
I've looked into the porting guide for MultiROM and I think it should be doable for the GSM M8. I just haven't had time to setup a build box and experiment though.

https://github.com/Tasssadar/multiro...rting-MultiROM