Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,083 Members 42,181 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Camera shutter sound

Tip us?

Jurgen093
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jopat View Post
^Did you try ticking the box again?

Try the different options here, your last resort could be installing firmware from other countries but it's tricky since S5 has too many firmwares for different countries.

http://www.wirefresh.com/how-to-defi...omment-page-1/
So from which country should I install the firmware? And where can I find that?

johan81
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
Try this, it should work without rooting. Google "enforced stream silencer". Install the app.

Before you can use it, you need to let your phone install apps from sources other than Google Play. Here’s how you do that:

Step 1: Click the MENU button

Step 2: Go to SETTINGS

Step 3: Click on APPLICATIONS

Step 4: Make sure that “UNKNOWN SOURCES” is checked

Step 5: Read the warning message and click OK

What is common knowledge is that it works for countries that doesn't have any law about camera sound and what isn't common knowledge is your country's law. Your country's law is your country's, not ours. It would have helped if the OP mentioned that shutter sound is a law in their country. That's the reason why the sound is pre-configured and cannot be turned off in their phones, the telco can be sued if they go against the law.

Here's the proof that the shutter sound goes off under silent and vibrate mode.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ter-click.html
If this was known to you, I am sure you already knew that this would be the problem. You were trolling to be able to tell people to tell if their country's law dictates this, though not everyone is aware of every law of their country.....
Next time just ask if this is the case and try to genuinely help in stead of making a sarcastic remark to let someone disable the sound of his phone.

Why don't you want to root the phone? Because of the warranty? If so, you can go ahead because Dutch law prevents Samsung from discarding warranty due to rooting and real life cases have shown that service centers still repair KNOX tripped phones under warranty without questions asked.

jopat
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen093 View Post
So from which country should I install the firmware? And where can I find that?
That's the problem. There are too many. The firmware of previous Galaxy Ss have firmware that work with many countries, you can see the CSC list. But S5 has very limited CSC. For example, my S5 will only work with 5 counties, while my previous Galaxy S will work in more than 20 counties. If you plan on flashing other firmware, I suggest you read thoroughly. I cannot help you further with this.

You can download S5 firmware here:
http://samsung-updates.com/

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by johan81 View Post
If this was known to you, I am sure you already knew that this would be the problem. You were trolling to be able to tell people to tell if their country's law dictates this, though not everyone is aware of every law of their country.....
Next time just ask if this is the case and try to genuinely help in stead of making a sarcastic remark to let someone disable the sound of his phone.

Why don't you want to root the phone? Because of the warranty? If so, you can go ahead because Dutch law prevents Samsung from discarding warranty due to rooting and real life cases have shown that service centers still repair KNOX tripped phones under warranty without questions asked.
Why are you so rude? You are the one trolling. FYI, not every Android user knows how to turn off the sound, that's why they are asking. Also, I've never personally seen an android that does not turn off the sound when silenced or vibrated. And like I told you, your law is your law, our law is ours. I don't need to research every law your country has, and I don't care either because I don't live there.

If you cannot help and don't want to help, just shut up. You're not the OP and I don't need to explain myself further to you. Your logic seems to be non-existent.

johan81
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
That's the problem. There are too many. The firmware of previous Galaxy Ss have firmware that work with many countries, you can see the CSC list. But S5 has very limited CSC. For example, my S5 will only work with 5 counties, while my previous Galaxy S will work in more than 20 counties. If you plan on flashing other firmware, I suggest you read thoroughly. I cannot help you further with this.

You can download S5 firmware here:
http://samsung-updates.com/

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

Why are you so rude? You are the one trolling. FYI, not every Android user knows how to turn off the sound, that's why they are asking. Also, I've never personally seen an android that does not turn off the sound when silenced or vibrated. And like I told you, your law is your law, our law is ours. I don't need to research every law your country has, and I don't care either because I don't live there.

If you cannot help and don't want to help, just shut up. You're not the OP and I don't need to explain myself further to you. Your logic seems to be non-existent.
This response is so ridiculous it is insane haha, if you really think people who come to XDA do not know how to turn their sound off something is definitely wrong with you.

I only see one person being rude in saying me to shut up, I have just told you to be less sarcastic and more polite, ahhh well, that is the younger generation for you....

jopat
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
This response is so ridiculous it is insane haha, if you really think people who come to XDA do not know how to turn their sound off something is definitely wrong with you.
Then you are very ignorant. Use the search function.

Jurgen093
Old
(Last edited by Jurgen093; 10th June 2014 at 04:28 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
I don't know how to turn the camera sound off, so what's the problem? That's why I am asking it here and please shut up if you don't want to help. There are many people asking this question.

johan81
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
I don't know how to turn the camera sound off, so what's the problem? That's why I am asking it here and please shut up if you don't want to help. There are many people asking this question.
Be careful and read next time, he said that a lot of people here do not know how to turn of the sounds of Android, we are not talking about camera sounds and I was not talking about you. So, good luck with all, next time I will just ignore your Q's

Jurgen093
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Be careful and read next time, he said that a lot of people here do not know how to turn of the sounds of Android, we are not talking about camera sounds and I was not talking about you. So, good luck with all, next time I will just ignore your Q's
He meant the camera sound -_-

johan81
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
He meant the camera sound -_-
This is what he wrote in a response to one of my responses:

FYI, not every Android user knows how to turn off the sound, that's why they are asking.

That is what I responded to, ahhh well, good luck with disabling your sounds, I just rooted my S5 and removed the files, done!

jopat
Old
(Last edited by jopat; 10th June 2014 at 05:24 PM.)
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Be careful and read next time, he said that a lot of people here do not know how to turn of the sounds of Android, we are not talking about camera sounds
Another proof that your logic is non-existent. Go back to school and learn about nouns and pronouns, how to use interchangeable words as your subject, and how to write paragraphs using them. And oh, learn how to interpret titles too.