Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,053 Members 46,249 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Note 3 settings missing menus?

Tip us?

Johnnysauur
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Note 3 settings missing menus?

hiya guys,

I've been having a lot of problems the past couple days..
I ordered my note 3 straight from Sprint. When I got it, I flashed custom recovery and flashed Freezas stockish ROM. The phone came loaded with NAB so I installed the
NAB version of the ROM, well there was some missing menus in settings, like tethering and such.. So I flashed stock nc5 and flashed his engineering boot loader. Ugraded my firmware to nc5. Flashed the nc5 version of the ROM and still the same settings.. No WiFi calling in settings, no tethering options at all.. I got curious and decided to flash KitKatkiller to see if it had the same problems, it was the same thing in the settings in kitkatkiller except it showed the ROM manager and stuff that was added into the ROM. But was missing tethering.. I hit WiFi hotspot in the toggle like I did on freezas ROM and it said hotspot not supported..

But josh's ROM is deodexed with that mod included.

What is going on?

topaz91385
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Info Try this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnysauur View Post
hiya guys,

I've been having a lot of problems the past couple days..
I ordered my note 3 straight from Sprint. When I got it, I flashed custom recovery and flashed Freezas stockish ROM. The phone came loaded with NAB so I installed the
NAB version of the ROM, well there was some missing menus in settings, like tethering and such.. So I flashed stock nc5 and flashed his engineering boot loader. Ugraded my firmware to nc5. Flashed the nc5 version of the ROM and still the same settings.. No WiFi calling in settings, no tethering options at all.. I got curious and decided to flash KitKatkiller to see if it had the same problems, it was the same thing in the settings in kitkatkiller except it showed the ROM manager and stuff that was added into the ROM. But was missing tethering.. I hit WiFi hotspot in the toggle like I did on freezas ROM and it said hotspot not supported..

But josh's ROM is deodexed with that mod included.

What is going on?

Similar things have happened for me, I've found that un-rooting doing a factory reset back to stock OEM rom then rooting again and flashing your preferred custom rom fixes things.

Hope this helps,

Topaz

Johnnysauur
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by topaz91385 View Post
Similar things have happened for me, I've found that un-rooting doing a factory reset back to stock OEM rom then rooting again and flashing your preferred custom rom fixes things.

Hope this helps,

Topaz
I'll try that. Out of curiosity I opened a phone up at work to see if it had tethering on stock and the note 3 I opened had the same settings my note 3 has.. So I dont know what the problem is.. I wonder if those settings dont show up unless the phone is activated on the network.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Free mobile app

topaz91385
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default Re

Yeah not sure about Stock rom if it had tethering setting or not I always flash custom right away.

Goat1378
Old
Thanks Meter 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnysauur View Post
I'll try that. Out of curiosity I opened a phone up at work to see if it had tethering on stock and the note 3 I opened had the same settings my note 3 has.. So I dont know what the problem is.. I wonder if those settings dont show up unless the phone is activated on the network.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Free mobile app
Tethering and hotspot are both in my stock rom tho they don't work they are in setting
Samsung-Note3
Fre3 Rom v2.16 by: Freeza
Android 4.4.2 NC5
KromeX themed BluX http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2602700
Philz Touch Recovery
.......Retired......
Samsung - Galaxy S4
Negalite Rom NAE-x r6/r50 kernel

..............gVyrus..............

Epix4G
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 1034
People in g2 forum had same thing. ... If the phone was never activated on sprint it would not have tether ....

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2