Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,012 Members 54,108 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Cyanogenmod Kernel

Tip us?
 
Fede37
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 107
Join Date: Sep 2013
Default [Q] Cyanogenmod Kernel

Hi folks. I'd like to know if there is a way to restore the kernel that comes with CM11. I want to test furnace on CM11 (nightly- 20140607) but what if I don't like the results I get with Furnace? I should be able to go back to CM's stock kernel, right? Or should I re-flash the whole CM ROM to get the CM kernel? Thanks in advance.
 
andogeek10
Old
#2  
andogeek10's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 559
Posts: 1,218
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Mumbai
In the zip file you downloaded, there will be a file named boot.img . Just extract that file and flash it in fastboot ( with the command - fastboot flash boot boot.img) to return to the stock CM11 kernel

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to andogeek10 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Fede37
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 107
Join Date: Sep 2013
Thanks a buuuunch
Sent from my Moto G using XDA Free mobile app
 
Fede37
Old
#4  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 107
Join Date: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by andogeek10 View Post
In the zip file you downloaded, there will be a file named boot.img . Just extract that file and flash it in fastboot ( with the command - fastboot flash boot boot.img) to return to the stock CM11 kernel

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk
Will this delete something? Any setting or something like that? Thanks for your time.

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Free mobile app
 
andogeek10
Old
#5  
andogeek10's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 559
Posts: 1,218
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Mumbai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fede37 View Post
Will this delete something? Any setting or something like that? Thanks for your time.

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Free mobile app
Well that would depend on the kernel. If the kernel you had flashed ( render, furnace etc.) had certain features (like double tap to wake, custom goverors etc.), they all will be restored to the stock setting of the CM kernel.
 
Fede37
Old
#6  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 107
Join Date: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by andogeek10 View Post
Well that would depend on the kernel. If the kernel you had flashed ( render, furnace etc.) had certain features (like double tap to wake, custom goverors etc.), they all will be restored to the stock setting of the CM kernel.
Oh, I see. Thanks man
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Blur Your System Notification Panel – XDA Developer TV

Listen, we love innovative applications and modules that … more

Android 4.4.3 Begins Rolling Out to European HTC One M8

Shortly after the USA Unlocked and Developer Editions of the HTC One M8 received the … more

Modernize Your Emails with Email Popup

SMS andHangouts messages likely won’t ever replace traditional Emails for more formal … more

Change Your Toast Notification Style with XToast

Android uses multipletypes of notifications. One of these isknown as a toast notification. … more