Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,943 Members 51,876 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] GT Tab 2 P3100, IMEI lost, no efs backup,

Tip us?

shanu17
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Tablet [Q] GT Tab 2 P3100, IMEI lost, no efs backup,

Hi,

I am a NOOB.

I have a GT P3100 with no baseband and IMEI,
I lost EFS folder trying to flash slimkat and dont have a backup.

Is there a way to repair it without a box??

Thanks in Advance.

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 461

DONATE TO ME
First thing to try is just re-installing the stock firmware via Odin. Just because it is not displaying or working does not necessarily mean it's lost for good. If the official restore doesn't work, then you might be need the box.
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s and check out my site: http://mobilemojo5280.com for more info!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / ? (One+1 maybe...)
The Following User Says Thank You to es0tericcha0s For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shanu17
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s View Post
First thing to try is just re-installing the stock firmware via Odin. Just because it is not displaying or working does not necessarily mean it's lost for good. If the official restore doesn't work, then you might be need the box.
maybe its the case as once the phone suddenly detected the sim ad asked for a restart. but when i restarted it goes back to no signal state.

any advise??

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 461

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanu17 View Post
maybe its the case as once the phone suddenly detected the sim ad asked for a restart. but when i restarted it goes back to no signal state.

any advise??
Did you restore the stock rom via Odin yet? Or you're saying you did and it's still not working properly?
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s and check out my site: http://mobilemojo5280.com for more info!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / ? (One+1 maybe...)

shanu17
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy odin tried

Quote:
Did you restore the stock rom via Odin yet? Or you're saying you did and it's still not working properly?
hi,

i tried odin and stock rom v4.0.4 but to no use.

today i installed busybox and suddenly my phone started showing iemi and baseband. i inserted sim and restarted than again it wnet back to old state i.e. no iemi and baseband.

what to do??

PS i cant install any other ver. (i.e. 4.0.4)
dot know why but all other versions get stuck at boot animation.??

thanks again

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 461

DONATE TO ME
It's common to need to factory reset after a stock firmware install through Odin.

shanu17
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation tried odin and factory reset also

Quote:
It's common to need to factory reset after a stock firmware install through Odin.
HI,
sorry for bothering you again and again.

I went to service center but they refused to repair imei.

I still cannot upgrade my tab to any other version (other than 4.0.4).

What to do?