Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,623 Members 50,549 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Miracast

Tip us?

ganggreen777
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 78
Default Miracast

Anyone using miracast with your nexus 7 2013? I've been hearing slot about it... And works pretty good.....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Bob Smith42
Old
Thanks Meter 114
Almost every day. Works great.

I use FlashFox Pro browser because it supports flash on 4.4.3 without setup effort. I can watch Amazon Prime videos. If the Nexus 2013 wifi is already on you can activate Miracast screen cast from the notification bar. Swipe down from top-right and select cast screen.

It searches for your Miracast devices and you pick one to connect from a dialog. Therefore, you do not have to navigate away from whatever you were doing to cast the screen. Nice.

My favorite Miracast device (works out of the box) is the Best Buy Rocketfish Miracast stick. I got mine on discount for $30 and it works great.They can sometimes be ordered on line, in and out of stock, but I've never seen one in a store.

ganggreen777
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Smith42 View Post
Almost every day. Works great.

I use FlashFox Pro browser because it supports flash on 4.4.3 without setup effort. I can watch Amazon Prime videos. If the Nexus 2013 wifi is already on you can activate Miracast screen cast from the notification bar. Swipe down from top-right and select cast screen.

It searches for your Miracast devices and you pick one to connect from a dialog. Therefore, you do not have to navigate away from whatever you were doing to cast the screen. Nice.

My favorite Miracast device (works out of the box) is the Best Buy Rocketfish Miracast stick. I got mine on discount for $30 and it works great.They can sometimes be ordered on line, in and out of stock, but I've never seen one in a store.
Brother....
Thankyou very much for in depth explanation. I have to ask....does it also work (if you know) on Samsung device's. I have a n2?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk