Post Reply

[Q] Radio issues following ROM update

OP Whitestrake

10th June 2014, 06:35 AM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalism

Quick question:

Are you installing your firmware and software without the SIM card in? If so, I would leave the SIM card in and have all the software installed during the process. Damage to the phone should not cause problems for connecting to the cellular network. Have you tried leaving the house, going outside, or getting into a different area to try your signal? Maybe your house is a deadzone and the phone is having a hard time picking it up. My room gets like this since I live in Florida where houses are built with cinder blocks to prevent hurricane damage. It really messes with my signal.

Good ideas, but unfortunately not - every firmware and radio package I've flashed, I've done once with the SIM, once without, thinking along a similar line.

I'm in a known good cell location - coverage in my area is fantastic with my provider (Telstra, usually get 5 bar signal on 3G - I do not get LTE on my plan). I test in multiple places - next to my PC, outside the house, down the street, etc. The behaviour I've noticed is that I have no signal regardless of where I go, for about 5 minutes after booting the phone, after which it gets signal, sends/receives any buffered texts, and then fails to communicate successfully after that (i.e., I get the test text I sent myself, then I resend another test, and it fails to send). The iPhone 4 I've been moving my SIM to has been receiving full signal (as expected) at every place I've been testing the HTC One.
10th June 2014, 07:29 AM   |  #12  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
49 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Hmm...

You might have to go into your APN settings to change some things in order to get it to work properly. Go to your Settings, then Mobile Data, then Access Point Names. From this menu click the current APN saved with the phone. After that, it will have you insert some information. Check this website for the specific APN information for your carrier. Make sure it's for your carrier as there is a large list of different ones on there.

http://ausdroid.net/apns/

Other than that, I honestly couldn't tell you what your issue is.
The Following User Says Thank You to digitalism For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th June 2014, 02:23 PM   |  #13  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalism

Other than that, I honestly couldn't tell you what your issue is.

Tried the APN thing. There was indeed a few things different from the listed settings, but honestly, they were pre-populated with a bunch of Telstra data beforehand when the SIM was in. I made the changes and noticed no difference.

Thanks again for your help. As a last step I will return it fully to stock. After that I suspect my only recourse would be taking it back to Optus and asking if they'll quote me to fix it.
10th June 2014, 04:56 PM   |  #14  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 421
 
1,740 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Unfortunately it does seem to be hardware issue from the history of what you have tried and posted.

Use nkk71's guide listed in my signature to go back to stock for warranty but substitute your local RUU/nandroid/etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to SaHiLzZ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th June 2014, 06:40 PM   |  #15  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaHiLzZ

Unfortunately it does seem to be hardware issue from the history of what you have tried and posted.

Use nkk71's guide listed in my signature to go back to stock for warranty but substitute your local RUU/nandroid/etc.

Thanks for the link, that's actually one HTC One return-to-stock guide I haven't seen yet and it looks very concise. Cheers.
10th June 2014, 07:57 PM   |  #16  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
49 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitestrake

Tried the APN thing. There was indeed a few things different from the listed settings, but honestly, they were pre-populated with a bunch of Telstra data beforehand when the SIM was in. I made the changes and noticed no difference.

Thanks again for your help. As a last step I will return it fully to stock. After that I suspect my only recourse would be taking it back to Optus and asking if they'll quote me to fix it.

Sorry about that, I know having a custom ROM is a lot of fun, but there can definitely be some cons along with it.

Good luck with your phone!
The Following User Says Thank You to digitalism For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes