Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,988 Members 45,251 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

hardcover book case?

Tip us?

mainstang
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider5236 View Post
I am very happy with the quality of this case. The one issue I had with it was that it had no clasp. I do not like the idea of dropping this and having the front flip open and it land screen down. That would kind of defeat the whole purpose of having a case like this. So I modified mine with a leather strap and button clip to close it.

Attachment 2596818

Attachment 2596819

Attachment 2596820

Attachment 2596822
I was about to buy this case how does the leather feel on it real or fake?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

strider5236
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainstang View Post
I was about to buy this case how does the leather feel on it real or fake?

It feels like real leather as I believe it is. Granted it is thin as they use hard backing to make up most of the thickness, but it is holding up very well and I am very pleased with the quality. I get compliments on it all the time when I go shopping or to the bank.

mainstang
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider5236 View Post
It feels like real leather as I believe it is. Granted it is thin as they use hard backing to make up most of the thickness, but it is holding up very well and I am very pleased with the quality. I get compliments on it all the time when I go shopping or to the bank.
Dang I got the bear motion leather wallet case instead because of not knowing for sure.

strider5236
Old
(Last edited by strider5236; 24th May 2014 at 03:16 PM.)
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainstang View Post
Dang I got the bear motion leather wallet case instead because of not knowing for sure.

Well that one looks nice to. I think they both use the same leather. At least that is what it looks like. The only reason I did not go with that one is that I wanted four card slots rather then three. I like the clear fourth slot for the ID so I do not have to pull out my DL all the time. But that seems to be the only difference I can tell as far as quality and function. At least yours comes with a clasp so you do not have to modify like I did.

sanjsrik
Old
(Last edited by sanjsrik; 10th June 2014 at 10:04 PM.)
Thanks Meter 56
Thumbs down Good looking, impractical, unusable case

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjsrik View Post
I ordered the Design case from the company in China directly, the price is reasonable and they seem to have a reasonable return policy. I'll post pictures/review when I get it.
So, got the case today. It's highly impractical for everyday use.

* It has VERY sharp corners so do NOT put it in your pockets.
* If you want to text, the cover part bends behind and is IN the way of your left hand while you text
* The cover doesn't close flush with the device screen when closed and sitting on a desk
* The material, while it seems sturdy, feels REALLY cheap and made out of cardboard. Just feels cheap.
* If you fold the cover back when you place this case on your desk, it sits VERY awkwardly on the desk at a weird angle.
* If you want to take a picture, HOW do you take a picture with the cover closed? The camera is exposed in the back, but how if you open the cover and it hangs down, it is just * impractical to take pictures.
* The inside cover of the case is cardboard. I would NEVER put a card (only room for one) in the slot. I would be VERY afraid of it ripping and the card falling out.

I'm not sure when this is meant to be used? If you hold the device in your hand and you are playing a game or texting, the cover is very bulky that makes it very difficult to use in your hands.

All in all, I wouldn't use this as an every day case. It's a LOT more bulky when opened back on itself for use.
The sharp corners are SCARY in my pocket. I scratched my leg at least 4 times during the course of 3 hours.

The case is now sitting on my desk unused.

Recommendation:

Nice idea. Bad execution. Impractical case.