Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,156 Members 46,532 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

help please lost back up

Tip us?
 
cookie1003
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Aug 2009
Default help please lost back up

hi,
i'm stuck with updating my nook hd+ to kitkat.
i seem to have lost the backup rom (i think i formatted the micro-sd that it was on by mistake).
i do not seem to be able to update to any rom as i get an error saying...
E: Can't open / external_sd/cm-11-20140606-nightly-ovation (1).zip
(bad)
installation aborted
it says this with all the roms i tried.
i did get the same problem with my S3 until i found the fusion rom, which worked ok.

ps i am on recovery v6.0.4.5

thanks in advance.
 
leapinlar
Old
#2  
leapinlar's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3571
Posts: 8,123
Join Date: Oct 2006

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie1003 View Post
hi,
i'm stuck with updating my nook hd+ to kitkat.
i seem to have lost the backup rom (i think i formatted the micro-sd that it was on by mistake).
i do not seem to be able to update to any rom as i get an error saying...
E: Can't open / external_sd/cm-11-20140606-nightly-ovation (1).zip
(bad)
installation aborted
it says this with all the roms i tried.
i did get the same problem with my S3 until i found the fusion rom, which worked ok.

ps i am on recovery v6.0.4.5

thanks in advance.
Try downloading the ROM zip directly to the nook rather than your PC. Sometimes the PC antivirus will corrupt the zip.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
See my Nook Color Tips Thread here,
and my Nook Color EMMC Partition Repair Thread here,
and my Nook Color Updated CM SD Installation Instructions here,
and my Nook HD/HD+ stock tips thread here
and my Nook HD/HD+ CWM Root Tools thread here
e.mote's Nook HD/HD+ Dummies Guide for installing CM10.1/CM10.2/CM11 here
The Following User Says Thank You to leapinlar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
cookie1003
Old
(Last edited by cookie1003; 10th June 2014 at 09:23 PM.)
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar View Post
Try downloading the ROM zip directly to the nook rather than your PC. Sometimes the PC antivirus will corrupt the zip.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
thanks but how do i do that when all i can do is get into recovery ?
thanks
ive gone through about 5 different roms & all have the same results.
 
leapinlar
Old
#4  
leapinlar's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3571
Posts: 8,123
Join Date: Oct 2006

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie1003 View Post
thanks but how do i do that when all i can do is get into recovery ?
thanks
ive gone through about 5 different roms & all have the same results.
You did not say earlier you could only boot to recovery. You need to go to my HD/HD+ CWM thread linked in my signature and make a new CWM bootable SD per item 1a and flash the plain stock ROM per item 6. That will get you back to like it came out of the box and you can start over.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
See my Nook Color Tips Thread here,
and my Nook Color EMMC Partition Repair Thread here,
and my Nook Color Updated CM SD Installation Instructions here,
and my Nook HD/HD+ stock tips thread here
and my Nook HD/HD+ CWM Root Tools thread here
e.mote's Nook HD/HD+ Dummies Guide for installing CM10.1/CM10.2/CM11 here
The Following User Says Thank You to leapinlar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
cookie1003
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Aug 2009
Thanks you're a life saver.
Any idea why it won't take an roms ?
 
leapinlar
Old
#6  
leapinlar's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3571
Posts: 8,123
Join Date: Oct 2006

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie1003 View Post
Thanks you're a life saver.
Any idea why it won't take an roms ?
Bad downloads as I said earlier. And v6045 will only install CM11and nothing earlier.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
See my Nook Color Tips Thread here,
and my Nook Color EMMC Partition Repair Thread here,
and my Nook Color Updated CM SD Installation Instructions here,
and my Nook HD/HD+ stock tips thread here
and my Nook HD/HD+ CWM Root Tools thread here
e.mote's Nook HD/HD+ Dummies Guide for installing CM10.1/CM10.2/CM11 here
The Following User Says Thank You to leapinlar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
cookie1003
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar View Post
Bad downloads as I said earlier. And v6045 will only install CM11and nothing earlier.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
hi,
thanks for the help, can you tell me which of the files i need to unrar onto the active sd card.
it just says (the appropriate set of BOOTFILES).
Which im not sure which ones to use.
thanks again.
 
leapinlar
Old
#8  
leapinlar's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3571
Posts: 8,123
Join Date: Oct 2006

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie1003 View Post
hi,
thanks for the help, can you tell me which of the files i need to unrar onto the active sd card.
it just says (the appropriate set of BOOTFILES).
Which im not sure which ones to use.
thanks again.
The file that has the word BOOTFILES in the name and is for your device (HD or HD+).

Sent from my SCH-i705 using XDA Premium HD app
See my Nook Color Tips Thread here,
and my Nook Color EMMC Partition Repair Thread here,
and my Nook Color Updated CM SD Installation Instructions here,
and my Nook HD/HD+ stock tips thread here
and my Nook HD/HD+ CWM Root Tools thread here
e.mote's Nook HD/HD+ Dummies Guide for installing CM10.1/CM10.2/CM11 here
The Following User Says Thank You to leapinlar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
cookie1003
Old
#9  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Aug 2009
sorry my brain seems to be on a go slow.
 
cookie1003
Old
(Last edited by cookie1003; 12th June 2014 at 09:57 PM.)
#10  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar View Post
The file that has the word BOOTFILES in the name and is for your device (HD or HD+).

Sent from my SCH-i705 using XDA Premium HD app
hi,
thanks, got back to standard so now to fook it up again
many thanks.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes