Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,170 Members 43,465 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] ATT Converted GPE Camera/Wifi don't work after 4.4.3 OTA

Tip us?

apoptosis66
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] ATT Converted GPE Camera/Wifi don't work after 4.4.3 OTA

I converted my AT&T HTC One M8 to GPE a month or two ago. It has been working great, until yesterday when I applied the 4.4.3 OTA update straight from Google. Now the camara doesn't work "Can't connect to camera", and WIFI won't turn on.

Has anyone else had this problem? Should I have never done the OTA update? I thought once I converted to GPE it was the same as a GPE phone.

Thank you in advance for any help.

BerndM14
Old
Thanks Meter 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by apoptosis66 View Post
I converted my AT&T HTC One M8 to GPE a month or two ago. It has been working great, until yesterday when I applied the 4.4.3 OTA update straight from Google. Now the camara doesn't work "Can't connect to camera", and WIFI won't turn on.

Has anyone else had this problem? Should I have never done the OTA update? I thought once I converted to GPE it was the same as a GPE phone.

This thread discusses GPE update + issues Might want to check out that thread it discussed some of the camera issues there.

By the looks of things it seems it doesn't properly update/install if your CID isn't right. Though you might want to check out the GPE threads that's quite easy to find here and discuss more with them. I don't have the GPE conversion myself so.

apoptosis66
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerndM14 View Post
This thread discusses GPE update + issues Might want to check out that thread it discussed some of the camera issues there.

By the looks of things it seems it doesn't properly update/install if your CID isn't right. Though you might want to check out the GPE threads that's quite easy to find here and discuss more with them. I don't have the GPE conversion myself so.

Thank you, I will definitely check into CID. I forget which one I used when installing there were like 5 available. Its possible I chose the wrong one didn't know there was a right one.
The Following User Says Thank You to apoptosis66 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

StillADefyOwner
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:

Hi Same happened to me, I reflashed the GPE RUU in fastboot (after backing up data of course) then reboot phone into fastboot and type fastboot writecid GOOGL001 then fastboot reboot then I downloaded OTA and camera and phone is working fine also no lag when rebooting. Not sure if changing the cid after you have updated will work.

apoptosis66
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Success

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillADefyOwner View Post
Hi Same happened to me, I reflashed the GPE RUU in fastboot (after backing up data of course) then reboot phone into fastboot and type fastboot writecid GOOGL001 then fastboot reboot then I downloaded OTA and camera and phone is working fine also no lag when rebooting. Not sure if changing the cid after you have updated will work.

I changed me CID to GOOGL001 and then flashed the new 4.4.3 RUU and everything is fine. Thank you guys!
The Following User Says Thank You to apoptosis66 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BerndM14
Old
Thanks Meter 147
Quote:
I changed me CID to GOOGL001 and then flashed the new 4.4.3 RUU and everything is fine. Thank you guys!
Good to hear then

brittan
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Default It works

Quote:
I also changed my CID to GOOGL001 and then reflashed the 4.4.3 RUU. Everything is running fine. Just remember re flashing the RUU erases all data, so backup first!