I spent really big time for resetting flash counter and going back to original ROM. So, I decided to write a guide for these.
I know there are lots of information about this topic. But this will be useful for people who faces with problems like "triangle away stopped", "flash counter can not be reset" etc.
Here is my guide:
What you need:
- Stock ROM
Attention for problems about carrier/gsm etc.: if you download older stock ROM it may not work with your current efs adn modem.
- Root Files
- Mobile Odin
It says: "Flashing with Mobile ODIN does NOT increase your custom kernel flash counter or make the yellow warning triangle appear."
Download link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...odin.pro&hl=tr
- Triangle Away
(I prefer Google Play to support developer. But you can find APK from this link)
- Perseus Kernel
I prefer this kernel because Triangle Away works good with Triangle Away. Be sure if your kernel supported by Triangle Away.
STEPS FOR RESETTING EVERYTHING:
- Install stock ROM via Odin for PC
- Root your phone via Odin for PC
- Install Mobile Odin via Google Play
- Install Triangle Away application
- Place your stock rom and perseus kernel files to your external sdcard
- Install perseus kernel via Mobile Odin
- Reset your flash counter with "Triangle Away" (you should see the current status in that application)
- Install stock rom via mobile odin (because you have custom kernel, maybe just stock kernel installation is enough but I prefer clean installation)
- Unroot your phone with SuperSU application. (I am not sure if this step is necessary or not)
- Go to recovery mode and do "wipe data/factory reset" and "wipe cache partition"
I prefer to use Mobile Odin because it is easy to use and I think it is important to install stock kernel.
You may install perseus kernel via Odin for PC. Someone may try without mobile odin, if you are OK please give feedback.
This guide is OK with other smartphones which supported by Triangle Away.