Android 5.0 Favorite Features, Release November 3rd? – XDA TV

Google Confirms Android 5.0 Lollipop for November 3rd! That and much more … more

Prepare Your Build Machines: Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn Now Official

Today is an important day for any and all Linux enthusiasts. One of the … more

Track the Time You Waste on Social Media with Socials Addict

When you use your phone, you often don’t even realize how much time you … more

Document the Story of Your Social Life with 8tory

The different forms of social media are growing every day. It’s hard to imagine a day … more

How can i update my One M8

OP or207

6th June 2014, 04:19 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hey, i recently bought an Unlocked Verizon HTC One M8,
im using a gsm sim card, everything works fine, but(and i know there is not an update yet) when im going to software update it says that the phone can update only in CDMA mode,
what can i do about it?
Thanks
6th June 2014, 07:54 PM   |  #2  
Flag Phx, AZ
Thanks Meter: 29

166 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by or207

Hey, i recently bought an Unlocked Verizon HTC One M8,
im using a gsm sim card, everything works fine, but(and i know there is not an update yet) when im going to software update it says that the phone can update only in CDMA mode,
what can i do about it?
Thanks

Do you have any friends who are on VZW and have either a Moto X or iPhone 5/5S? The reason I ask, is because those 2 phones take a nano SIM card like the M8 does. When a software update comes out, try using their SIM card in your phone to take the update. That's the easiest way I can think of.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using XDA.
6th June 2014, 07:57 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by evltwn72

Do you have any friends who are on VZW and have either a Moto X or iPhone 5/5S? The reason I ask, is because those 2 phones take a nano SIM card like the M8 does. When a software update comes out, try using their SIM card in your phone to take the update. That's the easiest way I can think of.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using XDA.

unfortunately i bought the HTC from us and in my country (israel) there is no CDMA.. there is no VZW here..
6th June 2014, 08:01 PM   |  #4  
Flag Phx, AZ

166 posts
More
Quote:

unfortunately i bought the HTC from us and in my country (israel) there is no CDMA.. there is no VZW here..

You may still be able to check it while on Wi-Fi. What does it say if you go into settings and do a software update check?

Sent from my HTC One M8
6th June 2014, 08:25 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by evltwn72

You may still be able to check it while on Wi-Fi. What does it say if you go into settings and do a software update check?

Sent from my HTC One M8

I can't attach photos yet apparently..
It says:
Software update only work in CDMA mode.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app
6th June 2014, 11:22 PM   |  #6  
Flag Phx, AZ

166 posts
More
Quote:

I can't attach photos yet apparently..
It says:
Software update only work in CDMA mode.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app

Well you might be stuck then without rooting and ROM'ing your phone. Hopefully sometime else might know. Sorry I couldn't help you more.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app
7th June 2014, 03:58 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 8

31 posts
I'm pretty sure you'll have to s-off and then root your phone to push the firmware update.

the Red Viper ROM
8th June 2014, 11:18 AM   |  #8  

18 posts
So given that my phone is in the same situation as the original poster, all I have to do is to s-off and root my phone to push the update?

How would the update be done if it's rooted? I just want to update the firmware, I have no intention of adding a custom rom or anything, just whatever sense version is the latest on verizon now
10th June 2014, 09:52 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 8

25 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzer555

So given that my phone is in the same situation as the original poster, all I have to do is to s-off and root my phone to push the update?

How would the update be done if it's rooted? I just want to update the firmware, I have no intention of adding a custom rom or anything, just whatever sense version is the latest on verizon now

Yes, you should be able to install just the firmware/radios. There is a thread in the android development section specifically for the installation of the firmware/radios. You will definitely need s-off to install them. There is also a thread on that - it's actually really easy. I had my brand new m8 s-off'd and rooted in about 20 minutes.

The Following User Says Thank You to Spondronis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread