Originally Posted by sporklover
Background: I'm on a stock rooted rom. After I rooted Private Mode still worked. Now it does not for some reason.
So I have a few questions.
1. Any idea of where private mode stores the files? I had a few GB of data stored in there, now that its not working I want to make sure I no longer have those files clogging up precious GBs on device storage.
2. Is the only way to get it back is to re-flash the stock rom?
3. I think I might have broken Private Mode by trying out ART. Now when I go into Developer Options, I notice that it always says Dalvik....When I switch to ART and reboot, and check the Developer options, it still says Dalvik. Any thoughts on this?
Thanks for any thoughts
1. It doesn't double up your data, Private Mode only encrypt your data which you want to keep your data safe, so it's just right where your data is supposed to be
2. Unless you disable your private mode before re-flash rom, you will lose access to your encrypted data. what's the point of privacy when you just simply reflash to get yours back, so anyone can do that
3. You might be using xposed framework, it will not let you switch to ART runtime
Please click THANKS button on the left instead of just saying
if you find my post useful for you
Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk Pro