FORUMS

YotaPhone 2 Pre-Order, Xperia Z1 Price Cut – XDA TV

Android Wear 5.1.1 OTA downloads are now available. That and much more news is … more

[FTF] Sony Xperia Z Lollipop Release

Sony rolled out a Lollipop update for Xperia Z just yesterday. If you still haven’t gotten … more

Original Moto G Receives Lollipop, OTA Captured

The original Moto G was released almost two years ago. Motorola still continues to … more

Device Review: No.1 X1 Rugged Smartphone

We are almost at the end of Q2 for 2015, and we have seen most of the flagship phones for the … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

unrooted themes

7th June 2014, 10:03 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Essex
Thanks Meter: 26
 
More
hi, basically i want to keep my stock firmware but have it themed. is this possible? when i root my phone my barclays app will not work hence i would like to theme it without root
 
 
7th June 2014, 11:03 PM |#2  
oracle01642's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag North East
Thanks Meter: 262
 
More
I don't think it is possible mate, but I could be wrong.
Last edited by oracle01642; 8th June 2014 at 03:21 PM.
7th June 2014, 11:22 PM |#3  
Netuser's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 769
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeinessex

hi, basically i want to keep my stock firmware but have it themed. is this possible? when i root my phone my barclays app will not work hence i would like to theme it without root

So your bank block access if phone is rooted ? Here in Canada my bank dont do this all work perfectly

Anyway there is an Xposed module that can hide your Root status from any app you want, so that can be a solution. You can test it if it don't work you can just of to Odin back your Original Stock ROM and you wont be rooted any more.
8th June 2014, 07:12 AM |#4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
[QUOTE=mikeinessex;53236352]hi, basically i want to keep my stock firmware but have it themed. is this possible? when i root my phone my barclays app will not work hence i would like to theme it without root[/QUOTE

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...hemepicker.app

Hi! It works without root
8th June 2014, 10:31 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 46
 
More
[QUOTE=djtheball;53243236]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeinessex

hi, basically i want to keep my stock firmware but have it themed. is this possible? when i root my phone my barclays app will not work hence i would like to theme it without root[/QUOTE

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...hemepicker.app

Hi! It works without root

I've been compiling bits from various themes on here... I have the same issue/choice... I use both my banking app & Sky Go a lot, so don;t want to root.

You can add a custom recovery via odin, and flash stuff, just choose not to root if/when asked.

Not quite finished yet, as not happy with the settings menus... and been reluctant to share as I have stolen bits from several other themes,
can't even remember which ones, there's been so many components used to get it to this point... I've just replaced png's here & there, recolouring when I've needed to, etc...









But yes, it can be done.
10th June 2014, 12:48 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Essex
Thanks Meter: 26
 
More
[QUOTE=FleetFanatic;53259229]
Quote:
Originally Posted by djtheball


I've been compiling bits from various themes on here... I have the same issue/choice... I use both my banking app & Sky Go a lot, so don;t want to root.

You can add a custom recovery via odin, and flash stuff, just choose not to root if/when asked.

Not quite finished yet, as not happy with the settings menus... and been reluctant to share as I have stolen bits from several other themes,
can't even remember which ones, there's been so many components used to get it to this point... I've just replaced png's here & there, recolouring when I've needed to, etc...









But yes, it can be done.

nice work mate. will themed apps flash and take to the phone without root access tho?
10th June 2014, 10:12 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 46
 
More
[QUOTE=mikeinessex;53295905]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetFanatic

nice work mate. will themed apps flash and take to the phone without root access tho?

I only feel the need to have themed toggles, dialler/contacts/mms, settings menu & power menu... I leave my launcher to nova & don't worry about having the apps themed as they aren't on 24/7...

...but that wasn't the question that you originally asked.
10th June 2014, 10:22 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Essex
Thanks Meter: 26
 
More
[QUOTE=FleetFanatic;53308085]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeinessex


I only feel the need to have themed toggles, dialler/contacts/mms, settings menu & power menu... I leave my launcher to nova & don't worry about having the apps themed as they aren't on 24/7...

...but that wasn't the question that you originally asked.

Can you share your work with me please snd instruct me on how to do it. Im on official 4.4.2 in the uk latest uk update
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes