Speed Up Deodexing with JoelDroid Batch Deodexer

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings many under-the-hood changes like changing the default compiler … more

Top 5 Apps for 2014 + Top Xposed Mod of 2014 – XDA TV

Its that time of year where you look back and remember the things that happened … more

NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

unrooted themes

OP mikeinessex

7th June 2014, 11:03 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Essex
Thanks Meter: 26

876 posts
More
hi, basically i want to keep my stock firmware but have it themed. is this possible? when i root my phone my barclays app will not work hence i would like to theme it without root
8th June 2014, 12:03 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 175

945 posts
More
I don't think it is possible mate, but I could be wrong.
Last edited by oracle01642; 8th June 2014 at 04:21 PM.
8th June 2014, 12:22 AM   |  #3  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 693

1,414 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeinessex

hi, basically i want to keep my stock firmware but have it themed. is this possible? when i root my phone my barclays app will not work hence i would like to theme it without root

So your bank block access if phone is rooted ? Here in Canada my bank dont do this all work perfectly

Anyway there is an Xposed module that can hide your Root status from any app you want, so that can be a solution. You can test it if it don't work you can just of to Odin back your Original Stock ROM and you wont be rooted any more.
8th June 2014, 08:12 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 3

30 posts
[QUOTE=mikeinessex;53236352]hi, basically i want to keep my stock firmware but have it themed. is this possible? when i root my phone my barclays app will not work hence i would like to theme it without root[/QUOTE

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...hemepicker.app

Hi! It works without root
8th June 2014, 11:31 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 46

147 posts
[QUOTE=djtheball;53243236]
Quote:

hi, basically i want to keep my stock firmware but have it themed. is this possible? when i root my phone my barclays app will not work hence i would like to theme it without root[/QUOTE

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...hemepicker.app

Hi! It works without root

I've been compiling bits from various themes on here... I have the same issue/choice... I use both my banking app & Sky Go a lot, so don;t want to root.

You can add a custom recovery via odin, and flash stuff, just choose not to root if/when asked.

Not quite finished yet, as not happy with the settings menus... and been reluctant to share as I have stolen bits from several other themes,
can't even remember which ones, there's been so many components used to get it to this point... I've just replaced png's here & there, recolouring when I've needed to, etc...

But yes, it can be done.
10th June 2014, 01:48 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Essex

876 posts
More
[QUOTE=FleetFanatic;53259229]
Quote:
Originally Posted by djtheball

I've been compiling bits from various themes on here... I have the same issue/choice... I use both my banking app & Sky Go a lot, so don;t want to root.

You can add a custom recovery via odin, and flash stuff, just choose not to root if/when asked.

Not quite finished yet, as not happy with the settings menus... and been reluctant to share as I have stolen bits from several other themes,
can't even remember which ones, there's been so many components used to get it to this point... I've just replaced png's here & there, recolouring when I've needed to, etc...

But yes, it can be done.

nice work mate. will themed apps flash and take to the phone without root access tho?
10th June 2014, 11:12 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 46

147 posts
[QUOTE=mikeinessex;53295905]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetFanatic

nice work mate. will themed apps flash and take to the phone without root access tho?

I only feel the need to have themed toggles, dialler/contacts/mms, settings menu & power menu... I leave my launcher to nova & don't worry about having the apps themed as they aren't on 24/7...

...but that wasn't the question that you originally asked.
10th June 2014, 11:22 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Essex

876 posts
More
[QUOTE=FleetFanatic;53308085]
Quote:

I only feel the need to have themed toggles, dialler/contacts/mms, settings menu & power menu... I leave my launcher to nova & don't worry about having the apps themed as they aren't on 24/7...

...but that wasn't the question that you originally asked.

Can you share your work with me please snd instruct me on how to do it. Im on official 4.4.2 in the uk latest uk update

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread