Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,227 Members 47,215 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

unrooted themes

Tip us?

mikeinessex
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Default unrooted themes

hi, basically i want to keep my stock firmware but have it themed. is this possible? when i root my phone my barclays app will not work hence i would like to theme it without root

oracle01642
Old
(Last edited by oracle01642; 8th June 2014 at 03:21 PM.)
Thanks Meter 88
I don't think it is possible mate, but I could be wrong.

Netuser
Old
Thanks Meter 619
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeinessex View Post
hi, basically i want to keep my stock firmware but have it themed. is this possible? when i root my phone my barclays app will not work hence i would like to theme it without root
So your bank block access if phone is rooted ? Here in Canada my bank dont do this all work perfectly

Anyway there is an Xposed module that can hide your Root status from any app you want, so that can be a solution. You can test it if it don't work you can just of to Odin back your Original Stock ROM and you wont be rooted any more.
Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-M919V)

My Mod: S5 Status Bar for S4 : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2738359

Phone devices used in the past:
Xperia ZL
LG Optimus 2x P990
iPhone 3gs, 3g, 2g
Qtek S110 & S110
SE K800i & K750 & Z700
Nokia 6230 & 8210
+many others

djtheball
Old
Thanks Meter 3
[QUOTE=mikeinessex;53236352]hi, basically i want to keep my stock firmware but have it themed. is this possible? when i root my phone my barclays app will not work hence i would like to theme it without root[/QUOTE

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...hemepicker.app

Hi! It works without root

FleetFanatic
Old
Thanks Meter 46
[QUOTE=djtheball;53243236]
Quote:
hi, basically i want to keep my stock firmware but have it themed. is this possible? when i root my phone my barclays app will not work hence i would like to theme it without root[/QUOTE

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...hemepicker.app

Hi! It works without root
I've been compiling bits from various themes on here... I have the same issue/choice... I use both my banking app & Sky Go a lot, so don;t want to root.

You can add a custom recovery via odin, and flash stuff, just choose not to root if/when asked.

Not quite finished yet, as not happy with the settings menus... and been reluctant to share as I have stolen bits from several other themes,
can't even remember which ones, there's been so many components used to get it to this point... I've just replaced png's here & there, recolouring when I've needed to, etc...

But yes, it can be done.

mikeinessex
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
[QUOTE=FleetFanatic;53259229]
Quote:
Originally Posted by djtheball View Post

I've been compiling bits from various themes on here... I have the same issue/choice... I use both my banking app & Sky Go a lot, so don;t want to root.

You can add a custom recovery via odin, and flash stuff, just choose not to root if/when asked.

Not quite finished yet, as not happy with the settings menus... and been reluctant to share as I have stolen bits from several other themes,
can't even remember which ones, there's been so many components used to get it to this point... I've just replaced png's here & there, recolouring when I've needed to, etc...

But yes, it can be done.
nice work mate. will themed apps flash and take to the phone without root access tho?

FleetFanatic
Old
Thanks Meter 46
[QUOTE=mikeinessex;53295905]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetFanatic View Post
nice work mate. will themed apps flash and take to the phone without root access tho?
I only feel the need to have themed toggles, dialler/contacts/mms, settings menu & power menu... I leave my launcher to nova & don't worry about having the apps themed as they aren't on 24/7...

...but that wasn't the question that you originally asked.

mikeinessex
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
[QUOTE=FleetFanatic;53308085]
Quote:

I only feel the need to have themed toggles, dialler/contacts/mms, settings menu & power menu... I leave my launcher to nova & don't worry about having the apps themed as they aren't on 24/7...

...but that wasn't the question that you originally asked.
Can you share your work with me please snd instruct me on how to do it. Im on official 4.4.2 in the uk latest uk update