[Q] Upgrade from ics to kitkat

OP rap0307

9th June 2014, 07:54 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 10

37 posts
had kept my arc for quite a while now but still on ics [ultimate HD rom] thought maybe its time to upgrade to kitkat now so

can i clean flash any kitkat rom directly or do i need to flash any jellybean or kitkat base rom first?
10th June 2014, 12:20 PM   |  #2  
Flag Sonyland
Thanks Meter: 10

38 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rap0307

had kept my arc for quite a while now but still on ics [ultimate HD rom] thought maybe its time to upgrade to kitkat now so

can i clean flash any kitkat rom directly or do i need to flash any jellybean or kitkat base rom first?

No, you don't need to do this, only flash a kitkat kernel ( always the recommended kernel in the rom zip), do the proper cleaning ( clean partition cache , dalvik, format system ) and then flash a kitkat rom . Obviously you can do this ONLY if you have an unlocked bootloader.
10th June 2014, 10:31 PM   |  #3  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 1,413

1,281 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rap0307

make sure you read the proper installaiton process on ROMS development thread. some roms require some steps (like legacy xperia the formatiation, NOT WIPE! of cache/data & system) good luck!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread