[q] need help finding out a number being texted from my phone

9th June 2014, 05:29 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

66 posts
I need help plz I have a note 3 n9005 I live in Australia and somebody one of my kids or wife or somebody keeps texting the number 826862432 from my mobile. I try ring it says number not connected but I can text the number with no reply. I have rang all major phone carriers and they say its a third party number. they say you will find it in google. most say its a sex or dateing number. but I cant seem to find anything. if anybody can recommend an app or find out exactly what this number is I will be in debt forever. thanks
10th June 2014, 10:13 AM   |  #2  
Beirut
Thanks Meter: 65

259 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun1976

I need help plz I have a note 3 n9005 I live in Australia and somebody one of my kids or wife or somebody keeps texting the number 826862432 from my mobile. I try ring it says number not connected but I can text the number with no reply. I have rang all major phone carriers and they say its a third party number. they say you will find it in google. most say its a sex or dateing number. but I cant seem to find anything. if anybody can recommend an app or find out exactly what this number is I will be in debt forever. thanks

you might get lucky with Numberbook or
Truecaller
i have no idea how common they are in Australia but here in the middle east they never miss
The Following User Says Thank You to lesalloum For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th June 2014, 10:26 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 318

1,114 posts
Quote:

I can't help with the number but one very important thing to check is to look after some rogue app (probably hidden as something benign, like a free ringtone app or something) that does the messaging - something like App Ops X might help.

Oh, and about the number - in many countries numbers that take money from you (by SMS or calls) must be registered with a central authority - check for that in your country and contact it!
The Following User Says Thank You to xclub_101 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th June 2014, 11:10 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 29

77 posts
More
Quote:

O. Don't forget about anti virus software.
You can try DR.Web or similar & scan your phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to per4rator For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th June 2014, 03:31 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

66 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xclub_101

I can't help with the number but one very important thing to check is to look after some rogue app (probably hidden as something benign, like a free ringtone app or something) that does the messaging - something like App Ops X might help.

Oh, and about the number - in many countries numbers that take money from you (by SMS or calls) must be registered with a central authority - check for that in your country and contact it!

thanks guys. its def not an app or virus. it is somebody texting from my phone. I will check out the web sites and if they fail me ill contact the central authority
10th June 2014, 10:41 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 76

1,059 posts
More
Suppose you asked the Wife n Kids?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread