Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,742 Members 37,640 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Problems downgrading to HBOOT 0.98.00000

Tip us?

jmcclue
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixilume View Post
Then i get the "Main Version is older! Update Fail!" error. I did make my sd card a goldcard and never formatted it, if that's any help. By the way...thank you for your replies so far!
A goldcard bypasses the cid check so thats good that u have it, use a ruu with a higher main version than the one ur trying to run. So ur trying 2.10.401.9 so download higher version.

To check what is on ur phone, boot into fastboot, plug into pc and open command window and type

fastboot getvar all

And ul see what version_main u have then just use ruu with the same or higher main version. Post the results here n we can see whats what
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jmcclue For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Pixilume
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Hey, i've looked for a higher number download but cant seem to find one. What would be the next step? Should i edit the main version number with this misctool?

Code:
Select Code
C:\>fastboot getvar all
INFOversion-bootloader: 2.00.0002
INFOversion-baseband: 3822.10.08.04_M
INFOversion-main: 13.10.401.8
INFOproduct: saga

jmcclue
Old
(Last edited by jmcclue; 9th June 2014 at 09:22 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixilume View Post
Hey, i've looked for a higher number download but cant seem to find one. What would be the next step? Should i edit the main version number with this misctool?

Code:
Select Code
C:\>fastboot getvar all
INFOversion-bootloader: 2.00.0002
INFOversion-baseband: 3822.10.08.04_M
INFOversion-main: 13.10.401.8
INFOproduct: saga
13.10.401.8? Never even seen that befor nor can i find ruu with that number.

If it were me id just run the ICS ruu and get it booting then if u want to use GB u can unlock ur bootloader, root then flash misc version and use older ruu. Probably quicker too
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jmcclue For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Pixilume
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcclue View Post
13.10.401.8? Never even seen that befor nor can i find ruu with that number.

If it were me id just run the ICS ruu and get it booting then if u want to use GB u can unlock ur bootloader, root then flash misc version and use older ruu. Probably quicker too
That sure works! I think i'll settle for ICS just for a while atleast. Thank you and other contributors for your help. People helping people is a rare thing