Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,687 Members 41,438 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Shield compatible gamepads, keyboards and mouse?

Tip us?

funkym0nk3y
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 44
Default [Q] Shield compatible gamepads, keyboards and mouse?

Hi,

I have been lurking around the interwebz to find a cheap compatible shield gamepad which works over bluetooth. So far i came across Nyko Playpad pro and Moga Pro. The main issue here is that none of the above is available in my country. So far the gamepads i have tried are below;

PS3 Sixaxis (USB, Bluetooth with Sixaxis app)
Works fine over USB, however while using over bluetooth, the dpad doesn't function. If anyone has a solution to this, this will be the best option.

Xbox 360 Controller (USB)
Works fine as it should.
Does the wireless controller works fine with receiver connected to shield with OTG cable? I read somewhere that is also causes the same type of DPAD symptoms.

Does regular wireless keyboard/mouse combos which comes with thr own usb wireless adapter will work with the shield or do i need to buy a bluetooth only device?

Does the Plugable USB to ethernet adapter is a must for full hd streaming? If yes, does every game streams in FHD or just the supported ones? Or it is just upscaled 720p? I installed Bioshock Infinite to test over wifi (Dual Band N600) and i noticed improvements in detailing of the game and graphics if i set the game resolution from 720p to 1080p? Is thr anyway to stream FHD over wifi ?

Kite-G
Old
Thanks Meter 10

DONATE TO ME
Of all your questions, I can only confirm that wireless Keyboard/Mouse works. I'm using a logitech combo that uses those small usb receivers. The Nyko playpad pro 2 is fully compatible according to Nvidia. Don't know about the others, i've read from others that Moga and Madcatz work. I use my Dalshock 3 with sixaxis app, but i didn't try the d-pad. i'll try it out and report back if it works for me.

funkym0nk3y
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 44
The DPAD is like mirroring the left analog stick. Please test the issue with native games and gamestream also and thanks for reporting the functionality of keyboard/mouse combo.

Kite-G
Old
Thanks Meter 10

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkym0nk3y View Post
The DPAD is like mirroring the left analog stick. Please test the issue with native games and gamestream also and thanks for reporting the functionality of keyboard/mouse combo.
No problem. and sorry for not responding sooner, didn't saw the notification e-mail. Anyways, i tested my Dualshock 3 and yes my D-pad works well but only plugged in, while over bluetooth it seems to mirror the left stick.
Tags
controllers, keyboards, shield, sixaxis