Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,242 Members 51,336 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Verizon m8 Root / Xposed help

Tip us?

Ajkowal
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Verizon m8 Root / Xposed help

Hey guys, I have a HTC One M8 (Verizon) that I'm seeking some help in regards to root / xposed modules.

To start off, I'm rooted using Weaksauce. I have xposed installed but in order to get it to work, when I press "install / update", I have to press cancel to NOT reboot. Following this, if I want the install to actually work, I have to do a soft reboot within the app. This first soft reboot seems work 99% of the time where my phone will boot back up just fine.

However, say one of my modules has an update. I download the update, press install, and it asks for a reboot. If I do a normal reboot, my phone will reboot but xposed won't be installed. If I do a soft reboot, then my phone freezes at the Verizon logo and there's nothing I can do other than a hard reset which results in xposed not being installed.

Does anyone know what causes it to freeze? Or better yet, does anyone know how I would go about just permanently rooting if that's the better option? The only thing that worries me about the permanent root is if its reversible and can be covered if I need to send my phone in. My last phone was a droid razer maxx which I had fully rooted, and I was able to undo the root when I needed to send it in for repairs.

Thanks!

sarvanan84
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajkowal View Post
Hey guys, I have a HTC One M8 (Verizon) that I'm seeking some help in regards to root / xposed modules.

To start off, I'm rooted using Weaksauce. I have xposed installed but in order to get it to work, when I press "install / update", I have to press cancel to NOT reboot. Following this, if I want the install to actually work, I have to do a soft reboot within the app. This first soft reboot seems work 99% of the time where my phone will boot back up just fine.

However, say one of my modules has an update. I download the update, press install, and it asks for a reboot. If I do a normal reboot, my phone will reboot but xposed won't be installed. If I do a soft reboot, then my phone freezes at the Verizon logo and there's nothing I can do other than a hard reset which results in xposed not being installed.

Does anyone know what causes it to freeze? Or better yet, does anyone know how I would go about just permanently rooting if that's the better option? The only thing that worries me about the permanent root is if its reversible and can be covered if I need to send my phone in. My last phone was a droid razer maxx which I had fully rooted, and I was able to undo the root when I needed to send it in for repairs.

Thanks!
You need to permenantly root your device to get xposed working.
S u can very well restore to factory firmware and unroot ur device to claim ur warrenty.
Weaksause is a temporary rooting tool, once u finished rooting with weaksauce install custom recovery.
use this thread for help.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2708628
Once u install custom recovery u have a permanent rooting,
then try to install CLEANROM 1.1 which is a best rom for HTC One M8 verizon model. which will have everything working for u.
HIT THANKS IF U LIKE THE POST.
The Following User Says Thank You to sarvanan84 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

NHOGN
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajkowal View Post

Thanks!
read this Verizon HTC One (M8) > Verizon One (M8) General > [GUIDE] How To S-Off; Permanent Root; Custom Recovery !

dunn816
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Yup permanent root is Ur best option...the same was happening to me then I permanently rooted and xposed works 100 %

HTC ONE M8👍

DEVICE__ HTC ONE M8
ANDROID__ 4.4.2
VIPERONE ROM