Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Z2 playstation mobile bonus

OP cellphones4fun

11th June 2014, 01:39 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
I just got a Z2, and found out about this: http ://blogs.sonymobile.com/2014/05/01/entertainment-and-app-experiences-all-free-with-xperia-z2/

Quote:

At Sony, we want to bring our customers the world’s best content direct to their mobile. That’s why Xperia Z2 comes right out of the box with a unique experience pack of 6 free movies, including Captain Phillips, 30-day trial of the Music Unlimited service, 8 games from PlayStation®Mobile and a free download of the upcoming Michael Jackson album, XSCAPE.

Apparently we can get a bunch of free stuff. What I'm curious about are the 8 games from PlayStation®Mobile. I "redeemed" them, but nothing shows up on my phone when I go to the Playstation mobile app (but the games are listed under my account when I log onto the Playstation Entertainment Network.

Are these games suppose to be for the phone? If so, has anyone successfully got this to work?

Thanks!
Last edited by cellphones4fun; 11th June 2014 at 01:54 AM.
11th June 2014, 02:23 AM   |  #2  
Flag Cupertino, CA
Thanks Meter: 15

247 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellphones4fun

I just got a Z2, and found out about this: http ://blogs.sonymobile.com/2014/05/01/entertainment-and-app-experiences-all-free-with-xperia-z2/

Apparently we can get a bunch of free stuff. What I'm curious about are the 8 games from PlayStation®Mobile. I "redeemed" them, but nothing shows up on my phone when I go to the Playstation mobile app (but the games are listed under my account when I log onto the Playstation Entertainment Network.

Are these games suppose to be for the phone? If so, has anyone successfully got this to work?

Thanks!

The games do work on the phone. However in order to download the game, the have to tap on menu => download list. Then you should see the games you own and be able to download them.
The Following User Says Thank You to mtl171 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th June 2014, 02:29 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl171

The games do work on the phone. However in order to download the game, the have to tap on menu => download list. Then you should see the games you own and be able to download them.

Oh wow, can't believe I didn't figure this out. Thanks!
11th June 2014, 02:36 AM   |  #4  
Flag Cupertino, CA

247 posts
More
Quote:

It;s setup a bit strange. However, its the exact same way Sony setup the PSN store on the vita.
Last edited by mtl171; 11th June 2014 at 02:50 AM. Reason: grammar
11th June 2014, 02:49 AM   |  #5  
Flag Chennai

395 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks!

How to redeem the games is it through the app or online? If its online link please...

Sent from my D6502 using Tapatalk
11th June 2014, 03:18 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicedens2002

How to redeem the games is it through the app or online? If its online link please...

Sent from my D6502 using Tapatalk

Use the Xperia Lounge app (not sure if you have to download that from app store). Then look for the various featured apps, which should ask you to create a Playstation Entertainment Network account (if you don't already have one), but it will provide you a code to redeem the various games, movies, apps, etc).
11th June 2014, 07:02 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 38

191 posts
It took me a while to figure this out too. You need to download the Playstation Mobile app at http://www.playstation.com/psm/store/en.html (I know you already have this. I'm just helping others who might be confused.) and download the games through that app. I was trying to download the games through the Playstation app that came with the phone.
11th June 2014, 07:20 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 56

473 posts
More
I assume this doesn't work if drm keys are lost

Sent from my Z2 using Tapatalk
11th June 2014, 12:37 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 99

513 posts
More
Don't think so, I get a pop up saying this voucher is unavailable. I am unlocked etc.. Guess I should of tried before I unlocked it but I had unlocked it within 5 mins of receiving the phone lol

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
11th June 2014, 11:56 PM   |  #10  

21 posts
Quote:

You're not the only one. I ended up doing a Google search to find the answer

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread