[Q] Galaxy S3 ATT Sometimes charges, sometimes doesnt.

Search This thread

ibroza

May 11, 2014
Hi,

My S3 doesnt charge properly. Sometimes its charges, sometimes it doesnt. Its really annoying... It'll be plugged in charging then it doesnt. But once it doesnt work, it doesnt work after a while. Then itll work again after I try to plug it in. I had my phone jtagged recently and my phone didnt do that before until after I got it. The guy said he didnt do anything he just put everything stock. My phone is indeed stock, 4.3.

This is really annoying though..

Help?

Larry2999

Feb 7, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Hi,

My S3 doesnt charge properly. Sometimes its charges, sometimes it doesnt. Its really annoying... It'll be plugged in charging then it doesnt. But once it doesnt work, it doesnt work after a while. Then itll work again after I try to plug it in. I had my phone jtagged recently and my phone didnt do that before until after I got it. The guy said he didnt do anything he just put everything stock. My phone is indeed stock, 4.3.

This is really annoying though..

Help?

Sounds like a charging port issue. The guy who did the JTag job may not have intended it but it isn't unlikely the connectors to the charging port came loose in the process or something wasn't properly connected. I'd take it to a local tech shop and stay with them whilst they work on it.

ibroza

May 11, 2014
Sounds like a charging port issue. The guy who did the JTag job may not have intended it but it isn't unlikely the connectors to the charging port came loose in the process or something wasn't properly connected. I'd take it to a local tech shop and stay with them whilst they work on it.

Yeah I asked him but he said no he didnt. The port seems fine. I opened the phone numerous times and looked at it

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Weird. Not sure why jtagging would affect the charging but I suppose it could. Is it possible the port was damaged during the jtag process?

Larry2999

Feb 7, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I asked the guy, but he said no he didnt. He basically just put everything back to stock including the bootloader.

I'm always wary about coincidences. In fact, I don't believe in them. To do a JTag, they would have had to open up the device and solder equipment to it to force firmware installation to the MB. Probably accidental but very likely something happened to your charging port in the process. What you have described sounds very much like an hardware rather than firmware issue and, unless you have the resources and tech know-how for a D-I-Y fix, you may need to take it to a Tech.