Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,261 Members 51,395 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Are aftermarket cases still waterproof

Tip us?

nuclear
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Are aftermarket cases still waterproof

I want to buy a case that has a flip mirror cover. Something like the Arium or Anymode. But my question is, are these cases still waterproof? The rear cover of the S5 is probably made specifically to withstand water. I would like to take my phone into the pool or shower for up to 20min and I don't want any water damage. Any suggestions? I like this one especially by XNR http://www.ebay.com/itm/321415545762...84.m1423.l2649

Zylograth
Old
Thanks Meter 70

DONATE TO ME
The only way to know would be if it has that rubber gasket on it like the OEM back cover does. No where in that listing does it state that it maintains the IP67 rating, so I would be suspicious of that if you are interested in keeping the "waterproof"
Samsung Galaxy S5
Nexus 7 32GB 2013

kms108
Old
Thanks Meter 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuclear View Post
I want to buy a case that has a flip mirror cover. Something like the Arium or Anymode. But my question is, are these cases still waterproof? The rear cover of the S5 is probably made specifically to withstand water. I would like to take my phone into the pool or shower for up to 20min and I don't want any water damage. Any suggestions? I like this one especially by XNR http://www.ebay.com/itm/321415545762...84.m1423.l2649
if you are after the brand anymode, and if they do have a rubber seal, it's more likely supports the IP67, anymode is the only company to have their product certified by samsung, anymode is more like a sister company to samsung.
Samsung Galaxy S5 SM900F
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Duos I9192

Sony XBA 3
Sony MDR EX600
Sony MDR EX800ST
Xiao Mi Piston IF Edition

nuclear
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
No. All these cases do not support the IP67
There is no rubber seal in the anymode case and I believe there isn't one in the XNR either.

The Arium cases are by far the best because they don't replace the OEM rear cover provided by samsung. The Arium case is a complete separate housing and won't interfere with the IP67 certification.