Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,733 Members 53,734 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Phone black screens after a while

Tip us?

ssuperkid5
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question Phone black screens after a while

A few days ago my phone became extremely slow and apps would crash after opening. I went and flashed a update on my rom, and thought maybe it would be fixed. But that didn't change anything, so instead I tried to flash an entirely new rom (after wiping my old data) and see how that would go. But instead it was even worse. On the opening screen when I click on the button to continue from the language selection my screen turns black with only the status bar. Then after about 20 seconds the entire screen turns black and unresponsive. When I press the screen the bottom lights turn on and when I hold the power button the phone vibrates as if the power options appear. The only way to get rid of this is to pull the battery or hold the power button until it reboots. I thought it would be possible there was a virus on my sdcard, so I reformatted the entire card. I tried flashing many different roms and the things still happened. I tried flashing without gapps and the welcome screen never showed up. But after a few seconds the same thing happened again. Now my phone is in a completely useless state, can someone please help me? I feel like it it's a hardware problem, but it doesn't seem like anything that could be related to something like that. If it's a hardware problem please help me try to find the part that's broken. Thanks in advance.

TL;DR: My phone black screens (which cannot be removed unless I reboot my phone) after 20 seconds upon loading ANY rom.

captemo
Old
Thanks Meter 977
Some of it sounds like a stuck power button, but more off are you flashing a rom for your device and is it a true CLEAN flash.

Gots to be clean

You did not mention what you were running or trying to flash. You didnt even mention your device.
Maybe it is i717, but there are a few variants.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using XDA Free mobile app
CAPT. EMO Senior Member
Samsung Infuse i997.......retired
Samsung Galaxy Note i717.......semi retired
Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 i527.......active duty

ssuperkid5
Old
(Last edited by ssuperkid5; 12th June 2014 at 07:51 AM.) Reason: test
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by captemo View Post
Some of it sounds like a stuck power button, but more off are you flashing a rom for your device and is it a true CLEAN flash.

Gots to be clean

You did not mention what you were running or trying to flash. You didnt even mention your device.
Maybe it is i717, but there are a few variants.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using XDA Free mobile app
Oh sorry, yea the flash was completely clean, I used DARKSIDE Super Wipe plus formatted/wiped everything.
The roms that I tried were Beanstalk, Liquid Smooth, PAC, and Cyanogen
My device is the T879, which is the T-Mobile version of the i717, and I posted here because the other forum is really inactive.