Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,773 Members 51,682 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HD Voice not working

Tip us?

djstevie
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default HD Voice not working

Does anyone know how to check whether HD Voice is enabled on the handset. Im currently with 3 network in the UK who state that the device is HD Voice enabled. When i call my friend who's also on three (also has a S5) there is definately no HD Voice yet when we use our S3 it works everytime. Im wondering whether 3 have it turned off on their rom but aren't saying.

I tried the menu options which worked on the S4 to see if WB-AMR was enabled but it doesn't work on the S5. Any ideas?

StickyGeko
Old
Thanks Meter 22
I'm on 3 too and was wondering the same.... how do we enable it...when you make a call there's a little phone icon on the right....what's that?

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

declan8888
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Pretty sure there isn't an option and it will be enabled by default. You both need to be running on at least 3g to use it.

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to declan8888 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

StickyGeko
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by declan8888 View Post
Pretty sure there isn't an option and it will be enabled by default. You both need to be running on at least 3g to use it.

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app
In 99% H+

djstevie
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by StickyGeko View Post
I'm on 3 too and was wondering the same.... how do we enable it...when you make a call there's a little phone icon on the right....what's that?

Im 99% of the time on H+ as well. Was on 4G the other day and still no HD Voice. The little phone icon allows you to enable extra in call volume that's all it's for.

Hopefully someone will figure out the service menu to check if it's enabled. It's annoying me

StickyGeko
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Cheers stevie....If I find out ill.let you know

djstevie
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Still haven't managed to find any more info about this.

koolboyztn
Old
Thanks Meter 81
its always turn on by default but not alway works, i made a phone call using the same spot but sometime HD is on sometime dont, dont know why but i never really care.

Lonski
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Having the same issue here. S3 works everytime to my wifes S4 mini, but not my S5 to her S4 mini.
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900I
ROM: DVU1ANE1
Modem: DVU1ANE1
Kernel: Stock
Knox: 0x0 - Rooted

siyue78
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by djstevie View Post
Does anyone know how to check whether HD Voice is enabled on the handset. Im currently with 3 network in the UK who state that the device is HD Voice enabled. When i call my friend who's also on three (also has a S5) there is definately no HD Voice yet when we use our S3 it works everytime. Im wondering whether 3 have it turned off on their rom but aren't saying.

I tried the menu options which worked on the S4 to see if WB-AMR was enabled but it doesn't work on the S5. Any ideas?
I want to know either...