Bricked/Booting straight to recovery.

OP ParkerNotDev

11th June 2014, 05:46 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
So, I recently came in contact with an old Nook Tablet 8G and decided I would turn it into a fully-functional tablet. Every went swimmingly, installed recovery, obtained root, and managed to get CM7 running. No major problems thus far. But, since I had been working in my 8 gig Micro sd for my phone, I decided to remove it and recreate it on a small sd. Well, I must have not been firing at all cylinders, because I formatted the old sd before making a new one. So far I have been able to run CWM 5.5.0.4 off of a SD but the /cache/ partition is inoperable. I have attempted the several "Boot and nuke" -esque techniques of factory resetting with varying results. For the potential fix detailed in this post, I receive the "Do not turn off device" screen, but briefly after I am greeted with a "Device is restarting in 5 seconds" "Make sure to take out the sd card" After this reboot, I am plunged back into the same recovery. I'll try and get a video in case I am being too vague.

Fortunately, this is an old nook, so no one is going to miss it for a bit... or ever potentially. Thanks for reading this.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread