Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,106 Members 41,963 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Newb done something very stupid, possibly

Tip us?

mishy310593
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Newb done something very stupid, possibly

Hi guys,

First time on XDA, however, I have read a fair bit and like the people

I started playing around with my phone a couple of weeks ago and I installed Cyanogenmod 11 with no problems. I then decided that I wanted to do a clean install to the update that was released a couple of days ago. So, I wipe ALL data. I thought that if I went into fastboot USB that it would allow me to just mount the phone to my computer and put the new ROM on the device. Unfortunately, I'm not able to access the phone anymore through my computer, so I can't load the ROM onto it. Please help >.<

I have a HTC One (GSM)

nateboi81
Old
Thanks Meter 97
Boot into recovery. You should be able to adb push or adb sideload a Rom. There are lots of guides on it

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to nateboi81 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Tachi91
Old
Thanks Meter 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishy310593 View Post
Hi guys,

First time on XDA, however, I have read a fair bit and like the people

I started playing around with my phone a couple of weeks ago and I installed Cyanogenmod 11 with no problems. I then decided that I wanted to do a clean install to the update that was released a couple of days ago. So, I wipe ALL data. I thought that if I went into fastboot USB that it would allow me to just mount the phone to my computer and put the new ROM on the device. Unfortunately, I'm not able to access the phone anymore through my computer, so I can't load the ROM onto it. Please help >.<

I have a HTC One (GSM)
Details sir.

Do you have HTC Sync Installed (drivers)?
Can you go into recovery and sideload a rom?
HTC One
The Following User Says Thank You to Tachi91 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mishy310593
Old
(Last edited by mishy310593; 11th June 2014 at 03:12 AM.) Reason: Needed more info.
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachi91 View Post
Details sir.

Do you have HTC Sync Installed (drivers)?
Can you go into recovery and sideload a rom?
I can go into recovery, yes. I have teamwin recovery installed. I don't have ANY data on the phone except the recovery software. I can go into ADB sideload, but it just hangs. I should have the drivers installed. When I go into device manager, it shows "android device".

Tachi91
Old
Thanks Meter 429
You try sending a small .zip file over adb.. any small flashable .zip just to see if it makes it and loads up?

If it does load up on the device than its prob just the Rom size that's either causing it to hang up or slow transfer speed

HTC One

mishy310593
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachi91 View Post
You try sending a small .zip file over adb.. any small flashable .zip just to see if it makes it and loads up?

If it does load up on the device than its prob just the Rom size that's either causing it to hang up or slow transfer speed

Sorry, that was very ambiguous. What I should have said is that the file transfer and in the CMD it says that it was successful, but on the phone it says that it failed. I tried transferring cm-20140609-SNAPSHOT-M7-m7.zip. It comes up with this:

updating partition details...
Starting ADV sideload feature...
installing '/data/media/sideload.zip'...
checking for MD5 file...
skipping MD5 check: no MD5 file found.
E: Error executing updater binary in zip '/data/

nateboi81
Old
Thanks Meter 97
Forget sideload. Try adb push

mishy310593
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I got it working the problem was the newest update from CM. I changed to the update in May and it worked straight away Kinda sad though because I was going to justify getting a new one because it was dead >.<

Thanks for the help guys