Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,303 Members 52,040 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

original facebook and facebook chat and the famous blue f are working :D

Tip us?

tawfik badawi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default original facebook and facebook chat and the famous blue f are working :D

I have just applied an update.zip (c-rom) and all old facebook crap are working again (facebook chat- direct share by the blue f - facebook chat widget)
idk if you shold do the same to make it work but the thing I did was applying the update.zip from the cwrecovory > and when the system starts connect to the wifi and wait until the time is updated then link your fb account to the phone and that's it
the link is in the attachment> I have downloaded the update with htc sence not adw
good luck.
Attached Files
File Type: txt rom.txt - [Click for QR Code] (19 Bytes, 13 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to tawfik badawi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kronflux
Old
Thanks Meter 175

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tawfik badawi View Post
I have just applied an update.zip (c-rom) and all old facebook crap are working again (facebook chat- direct share by the blue f - facebook chat widget)
idk if you shold do the same to make it work but the thing I did was applying the update.zip from the cwrecovory > and when the system starts connect to the wifi and wait until the time is updated then link your fb account to the phone and that's it
the link is in the attachment> I have downloaded the update with htc sence not adw
good luck.
that's...because that rom is based on stock. stock had everything working. it doesn't work on any unofficial roms, because the stock roms have apps running in the background that watch for button input from the facebook button, then launch the facebook application.

The benefit of stock-based roms is that they function as the manufacturer(htc) intended. but the benefit to custom roms(ICS, JB, KitKat, etc) is that they will run modern apps better, as well as run smoother and have all the latest features.
Device: Google/LG Nexus 5 (Hammerhead)
Rom: CyanogenMod 11 Official Nightly by CyanogenMod
Kernel: Chaos Kernel by neobuddy89
Recovery: PhilZ Touch CWM by rootSU
-----------------------------------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter!
If you found my post helpful, please remember to hit the Thanks Button!
You could also buy me a coffee by clicking here:

tawfik badawi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kronflux View Post
that's...because that rom is based on stock. stock had everything working. it doesn't work on any unofficial roms, because the stock roms have apps running in the background that watch for button input from the facebook button, then launch the facebook application.

The benefit of stock-based roms is that they function as the manufacturer(htc) intended. but the benefit to custom roms(ICS, JB, KitKat, etc) is that they will run modern apps better, as well as run smoother and have all the latest features.
I have posted this because most of htc chacha users (like me) had this problem with the stock rom where you get a notification that (Authorize HTC ChaCha to use f button)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2411982

mohabmoka
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by tawfik badawi View Post
good luck.
glad to hear that fb share button works again but i tried to work it on my stock rom (arabic one ) but i worked with all fb accounts except my account :@

but i think it works on stock if you updated fb app from store to the latest version then the notification about Authorize will disappear and the fb will work
The Following User Says Thank You to mohabmoka For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]