CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Touch issues even though i have the latest FW?

OP james_lpool

6th June 2014, 01:17 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 89

197 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by james_lpool

what's annoying me is that Sony wont seem to admit that there is an issue, i was talking on their live chat to support and they said that's the first time anyone's mentioned that and isn't on any list of any known issues

HAHA ! Exactly the same in Germany. Even after talking about that issue with the SAME person three days in a row, I still was told the problem was totally unknown.

Later, I had a more private talk with one of the support guys. He revealed to me there was an order from Sony to tell callers exactly that.
6th June 2014, 03:33 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 192

779 posts
Ah, as I thought.

This is abysmal behavior by Sony, period.
6th June 2014, 09:49 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 99

411 posts
More
Also on the Sony support forum, none of the official support staff has replied to any of the topics about touch screen issues. It seems they are just completely burying their heads in the sand...
7th June 2014, 10:19 AM   |  #14  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 705

1,085 posts
More
FW .402 didnt fix the touch screen issue. It is noticeably better than any FW from before.
11th June 2014, 06:49 AM   |  #15  
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 43

257 posts
More
Gosh, the touchscreen keep going back to home when i'm in a middle of fb conversatuion.
I was testing with chromecast +youtube: those swibe action to enlarge or fade out afe 99% imprecise...
Really wondering if I can return the item to amazon to fix this problem...
11th June 2014, 09:25 AM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 99

411 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diomorgan

Gosh, the touchscreen keep going back to home when i'm in a middle of fb conversatuion.
I was testing with chromecast +youtube: those swibe action to enlarge or fade out afe 99% imprecise...
Really wondering if I can return the item to amazon to fix this problem...

Are you sure you're not just accidentally touching the home button while typing? That happens to me from time to time, which is a downside of having the navigation buttons centered compared to having them in the corner like on pre-4.4 Android tablets. I actually think Google should add a setting to choose if the navigation buttons on tablets are in the left corner, centered, or in the right corner. Having them centered also makes it awkward to reach these buttons when holding the tablet with two hands.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread