Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,049 Members 39,392 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Touch issues even though i have the latest FW?

Tip us?

Chefproll
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by james_lpool View Post
what's annoying me is that Sony wont seem to admit that there is an issue, i was talking on their live chat to support and they said that's the first time anyone's mentioned that and isn't on any list of any known issues
HAHA ! Exactly the same in Germany. Even after talking about that issue with the SAME person three days in a row, I still was told the problem was totally unknown.

Later, I had a more private talk with one of the support guys. He revealed to me there was an order from Sony to tell callers exactly that.

hasenbein1966
Old
Thanks Meter 153
Ah, as I thought.

This is abysmal behavior by Sony, period.

degraaff
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Also on the Sony support forum, none of the official support staff has replied to any of the topics about touch screen issues. It seems they are just completely burying their heads in the sand...

LitoNi
Old
Thanks Meter 681
FW .402 didnt fix the touch screen issue. It is noticeably better than any FW from before.

SONY VAIO Z
SONY XPERIA Z
SONY XPERIA TABLET Z2

Is your Xperia having issues? Try repairing it with Sony's PC Companion or Sony's Update Service first before posting.
Remember to back up your data before proceeding and do internal wipes [factory reset under settings] as well.

Use the latest FlashTool to flash FTF files if PCC and SUS fails to recognize/repair your Xperia.
Full tutorial on how to use FlashTool.

< Please hit the Thanks Button if I helped you.

Diomorgan
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Gosh, the touchscreen keep going back to home when i'm in a middle of fb conversatuion.
I was testing with chromecast +youtube: those swibe action to enlarge or fade out afe 99% imprecise...
Really wondering if I can return the item to amazon to fix this problem...

degraaff
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diomorgan View Post
Gosh, the touchscreen keep going back to home when i'm in a middle of fb conversatuion.
I was testing with chromecast +youtube: those swibe action to enlarge or fade out afe 99% imprecise...
Really wondering if I can return the item to amazon to fix this problem...
Are you sure you're not just accidentally touching the home button while typing? That happens to me from time to time, which is a downside of having the navigation buttons centered compared to having them in the corner like on pre-4.4 Android tablets. I actually think Google should add a setting to choose if the navigation buttons on tablets are in the left corner, centered, or in the right corner. Having them centered also makes it awkward to reach these buttons when holding the tablet with two hands.